国王的演讲(中英字幕)(DOC 51页)适合英语学习者

发布时间:2013-02-06 02:19:47   来源:文档文库   
字号:

1925 国王乔治五世统治着世界上超过/的人口

(1925) King George V reigns over a quarter of the world's people.

他要求他的二儿子 约克公爵

He asks his second son, the Duke of York,

在伦敦温布利的英帝国博览会闭幕式上发表讲话

to give the closing speech at the Empire Exhibition in Wembley, London.

《国王的演讲》

来自资料搜索网(www.3722.cn) 海量资料下载

The King's Speech

两分钟后会给您直播 殿下

You're live in two minutes. Your Royal Highness

公爵

Sir

谢谢

Thank you

相信麦克风自然会引导您讲话流畅

Let the microphone do the work, sir.

您肯定会有出色的表现 您慢慢来

I am sure you will be splendid. Just take your time.

时间到了

Time to go.

下午好

Good afternoon.

这里是英国广播公司帝国服务的国家频道

(BBC前身)

This is the BBC National Programme and Empire Services

从温布利运动场 为您直播帝国博览会闭幕式的盛况

taking you to Wembley Stadium for the Closing Ceremony of the Empire Exhibition.

约克公爵殿下

where His Royal Highness the Duke of York

将代表他的父亲致辞

will read a message from the his father,

也即国王乔治五世陛下

his Majesty, King George the fifth.

此次共有个英属领地参加了盛会

British Colonies and Dominions have taken part,

这是迄今为止世界上最大规模的展会

making this the largest Exhibition staged anywhere in the world.

殿下 次灯闪之后 持续灯亮表示直播开始

Your Majesty, flashes, and steady red means you're live.

利用最新发明的无线电技术

Using the new invention of radio

英属领地的人们第一次亲耳听到

The Opening Ceremony was the first time his Majesty the King

国王陛下的开幕致辞

addressed his subjects on the wireless.

博览会第一阶段的闭幕式上

At the close of the first Season

威尔士王子殿下曾经首次发表了广播讲话

The air to the throne His Royal Highness the Prince Wales made his first broadcast

今天 他的年轻弟弟 约克公爵殿下

And today, his younger brother his Royal Highness, the Duke of York

也将要进行首次演讲 把声音传给大英帝国和全世界

will give his inaugural broadcast to the Nation and the World.

我奉…

I have received

陛下的…

from his Majesty

国…国…

the…the…the

国王

...the King

皮卡迪利大街号 伦敦

Piccadilly, London

请把烟气深吸进肺 殿下

Inhale deep into your lungs, your Royal Highness.

这能放松您的喉部

Relaxes your larynx, does it not?

吸烟能缓解紧张情绪 给您信心

Cigarette smoking calms the nerves and gives you confidence.

有请殿下张开手掌

If Your Highness will be so kind as to open your hand...

已经杀菌了

Sterilized.

- ,,,,,,

-,,,,,,

现在 我要冒昧的请您…

Now...if I may take the liberty?

把它们放到嘴里

...insert them into your mouth.

打扰一下 医生 这样做的目的是什么

Excuse me, Doctor. What is the purpose of this?

德摩斯梯尼使用这样的方法治疗好了结巴

(古希腊的雄辩家)

It's the classic approach that cured Demosthenes.

可那是在古希腊 之后还有过案例吗

That was in Ancient Greece. Has it worked since?

下面 请您大量阅读词句

Now if you would be so kind as to read. A wealth of words.

努力克服弹珠的阻力 殿下

Fight against those marbles Your Royal Highness.

清楚吐字

Enunciate!

您还要再集中精力

A little more concentration your Royal Highness.

害我差点吞掉一个

I nearly swallowed the bloody things!

麻烦了 医生

Thank you so much, Doctor,

您的方法很有…意思

it's been most interesting.

殿下

Your Royal Highness

吞弹球

Insert marbles!

他怎么不自己试试

He can insert his own bloody marbles....!

静一静 静一静

Tick, tock, tick, tock.

伯蒂 你不能老是压不住火气

You can't keep doing this, Bertie.

我知道 你要保证

I know. Promise me

保证别再找医生了

Promise me: no more.

哈雷大街

Harley Street

L· 罗格 语言矫正

Dr. Chapman, L Logue, Speech Defects

澳大利亚欢迎您 悉尼大桥留念 年月

Australia is calling;Sydney bridge celebrations mar

你好 有人在吗

Hello. Is anyone there?

我正上厕所

I'm just in the loo.

约翰逊夫人你好 过来了啊

Hello Mrs Johnson, there you are.

抱歉我这儿没接待员 我喜欢凡事从简

Sorry I don't have receptionist.I like to keep things simple

"人能安贫就是富"

Poor and content is rich and rich enough”

For?

出自莎士比亚 您好

Shakespeare. How are you?

您好

How do you do

就您一个人

Ahh, traveling alone

这么说可能有点别扭…

Now, this is slightly awkward

不过您迟到了

But I'm afraid you're late.

恐怕确实来晚了

Yes, I'm afraid I am.

约翰逊先生没来

Where's Mr Johnson?

我过来没告诉他

He doesn't know I'm here.

这么开始治疗 前景不光明啊

That's not a very promising start.

没错 我丈夫做过的治疗都没效果 他已经放弃了

No. My husband has seen everyone to no avail. He's given up hope.

他还没找我呢

He hasn't seen me.

您这么信心十足

You're awfully sure of yourself.

只要他想治好

I'm sure of anyone who wants to be cured.

他当然愿意

Of course he wants to be cured.

公开讲话是我丈夫的职责之一

My husband is required to speak publicly.

那他应该换个工作

Perhaps he should change jobs.

换不了啊

He can't.

契约缠身的苦差事?

Indentured servitude?

差不多吧

Something of that nature.Yes

带你老公来我这儿转转吧

Well we need to have your hubby pop by...

星期二我有空

Tuesday would be good...

跟我说说详细情况 彻底了解一下病情

He can give me his personal details and I'll make a frank appraisal.

然后再做决定

And then we can take it from there

对不起 大夫

Doctor, forgive me.

我丈夫不是普通的“老公” 也不随便“转转”

I do not have a “hubby”. We don't ‘pop'.

我们也不会谈论个人隐私情况

And nor do we never talk about our private lives.

需要你去拜访我们才行

You must come to us.

那抱歉了 夫人 我的地盘 我来做主

Sorry, Mrs J, my game, my turf, my rules.

你必须说服你丈夫过来

You'll have to talk over with your husband

然后和我电话预约一下

And then you can speak to me on the telephone

麻烦你了

Thank you very much for dropping by.

祝下午愉快

Good afternoon

要是我丈夫是约克公爵呢?

And what if my husband were the Duke of York?

约克公爵?

The Duke of York?

是的 约克公爵

Yes the Duke of York.

我记得是“约翰逊”预约的

I thought the appointment was for “Johnson”?

- 恕我不敬,尊敬的… - 叫殿下就好

- Forgive me, your Royal...? - Highness.

殿下

Your Royal Highness.

这是一战时候用的化名

Johnson was used during the Great War

海军不想让敌人知道公爵身在国外

when the Navy didn't want the enemy to know ‘he' was aboard.

看来我也算敌人喽?

Am I considered the enemy?

要是你还这么不近人情的话…

You will be if you remain un-obliging.

你对此保密十分重要

You'll appreciate the need for absolutely discretion

当然

Of course.

您是怎么找到我的?…殿下?

How did you find me? Your Royal Highness

语言矫正学会主席的推荐

The President of the Society for Speech Therapists

艾琳·麦康德?她这家伙…

Eileen McCleod? She's a sport.

她警告我说,你的澳洲方法是…

She warned me your antipodean methods were

“旁门左道,很有争议”

unorthodox and controversial”.

我警告她说,这两个词我可不爱听

I warned her...they were not my favorite words.

我能治好您的丈夫

I can cure your husband.

不过,为了治疗有效

But for my method to work

我需要在治疗室这里工作,得到真正的信任和平等对待

I need trust and total equality here in the safety of my consultation room.

不能有例外

No exceptions.

如果非要那样的话…

Well then, in that case...

你能什么时候开始?

When can you start?

(广告:保维尔的营养让你抵抗流感)

BOVRIL NOURISHES YOU TO RESIST 'FLU

车的声音还是有点不对

Still sounds a bit rough.

是你让我开得太慢了,爸爸!

You make me drive too slowly, Dad!

去伦敦桥接你妈了?

Did you pick mum up from Bridge?

是啊,我这一天就没下过车

Yes, I've hardly been out of the car all day.

下午我有稀客来访

I had a special visitor this afternoon.

我能离开座位了吗

May I be please leave the table?

有多特别?

How special is special?

你得一直坐这里傻呆着,听大人唠叨完

You must stay, bored stupid,listening to your parents' inane conversation.

呵呵,多谢啦

Thanks, dad!

- 打声招呼

- 妈妈我吃完了

- And mum. - And mum!

- 我也吃完了

- 去找珍妮?

- Me too - You're meeting Jean?

不是她,另一个

No, someone else

小医生?你不该帮你兄弟刷碗去?

Doctor? Doctor? Don't you help you brother with the washing up

不麻烦了

I'm fine

莱诺,到底是谁啊?

Who is it Lionel?

要是不好说,就别提呗

Why bring it up if you can't talk about it?

就是一个想要帮助他老公的女人罢了

Myrtle, just a woman looking to help her husband.

另外,我接到了试镜的通知喽

And I had a ‘call'. For an audition

- 我最喜欢的角色

- 就没你不喜欢的

- One of my favourates.- Aren't they all.

- 估计会很有意思

- 你肯定会有精彩表演的

- Could be a lot of fun – I'm sure you'll be splendid

在业余表演圈子里,他们名望很高

In the amateur scene, they're a highly regarded group

从帕特尼过来的

From Putney.

就这样,明天继续第章-飞行旅程

That's all girls.Tomorrow, Chapter ,The Flight

- 我真想知道他们飞哪儿去了

- 等不及啊

- I long to know they fly to - I can't wait

飞走了!

Oh, to fly away!

多好啊

Weren't they lucky!

爸爸也给讲个故事!

Now Papa tell a story!

我还是装企鹅陪你们玩吧?

Could I be a penguin instead?

我要听企鹅的故事

Now I want to a penguin story.

来个短的

Very quickly

从前有两个公主

Once there were two princesses

伊丽莎白和玛格丽特公主

Princesses Elisabeth, and Princesses Margret

她们爸爸是个企鹅

Their papa was a penguin

因为一个邪恶的女巫诅咒了他

This was because he been turned into by a wicked witch

这对他来说可不算方便

This was inconvenient for him because he loved

因为他想要抱着小公主们

to hold his princesses in his arms

可企鹅抱不了

and you can't do that if you're a penguin,

因为他的翅膀就像鲱鱼一样

because you have wings like herrings.

鲱鱼没翅膀啊

Herrings don't have wings.

是他的翅膀形状像鲱鱼

Penguins have wings which like the shape of herrings.

更糟的是,女巫把他流放到了南极

And what make matters worse she sent him to the South Pole

要是不能飞的话,回来可是老远的路

which is an awfully long walk back if you can't fly.

不过当他跳进水里

When he reached the water

潜进去,发现在水里能游的飞快

He dived in, through the depth so fast

午饭的时间就游到了南安普顿

that he was in Southampton Waters by lunchtime.

先到惠桥那里,又在克拉彭改了方向

From there he took the . to Weybridge, changed at Clapham Junction

还向野鸭打听了回白金汉宫的路线

and asked a passing Mallard the way to Buckingham Palace.

游过了泰晤士河,从出水口跳了出来

He swam up the Thames and out through the plughole,

把正做饭的妈妈和惠特克夫人吓了一跳

giving the cook mama and Mrs Whittaker quite a shock.

女孩们听到吵闹声

When the girls heard all the commotion

就跑到了厨房,她们给他…

They run to the kitchen where they gave him

擦干净,喂吃的,还吻了他

a good scrub, a mackerel and a kiss.

你们知道吻他的时候,他变成什么了?

And as they kissed him guess what he turned into?

一个英俊的王子!

A handsome prince!

一个短尾巴的信天翁

A short-tailed Albatross.

不过翅膀大到可以把女儿们好好的抱住

With wings big enough that he could wrap them both around his two girls together

好了,去睡觉吧

Now girls, time for bed. Come on

把小马牵到马厩里

Take the horses to the stable

一分钟后弄好啊

You have exactly a minute

晚安

Good night

喂草清理后就去睡觉

feed them brush them and to bed.

辛普森太太也在吗?

Will Mrs Simpson be there?

我哥哥坚持让她来

My brother's insisting.

他是认真的?

Is he serious?

是说请我们吃饭?

About our coming to dinner?

不。我是问对她的感情

No. About her!

一个结婚的女人?不太可能

A married woman? He can't be.

她倒有可能。对了,我找到个有意思的人选

She can. By the way I think I found someone rather interesting.

在哈雷大街,一个大夫

On Harley Street. A doctor.

这绝对不行。我不再和你讨论这事儿了

Out of the question. I'm not having this conversation again.

肯定没戏

The matter's settled.

他的治疗方法很特别…

His approach seems rather different....

开始?

Now?

开始!

Now!

“现在我们严冬般的宿怨…”

(莎士比亚戏剧《理查三世》第一场)

Now is the winter of our discontent

给这颗约克的红日照耀成为夏景

(莎士比亚戏剧《理查三世》第一场)

Made glorious summer by this sun of York.”

那笼罩我们王室的愁云…

(理查此番演说表达了嫉妒篡位的野心)

And all the clouds that lour'd upon our house

都埋进了海洋深处。

(理查此番演说表达了嫉妒篡位的野心)

In the deep bosom of the ocean buried.

现在我们额前已经戴上了胜利的花环…

Now are our brows bound with victorious wreaths;

谢谢

Thank you.

试演的不错,您是…

Lovely diction, Mr...

罗格,莱诺·罗格

Logue. Lionel Logue.

好吧,罗格先生

Well, Mr Logue,

我没感受到想当皇帝到心里扭曲的灵魂呐喊

I'm not hearing the cries of a deformed creature yearning to be King.

也没感受到理查三世的领袖风范

Nor did I realize Richard the Third was King of the Colonies.

台词我都会背

I do know all the lines.

我以前演过的

I've played the role before.

- 在悉尼?

- 佩斯市(澳大利亚城市)

- Sydney? - Perth.

- 喜欢戏剧的小镇,是吧?

- 大家都很热情

- Major theater town, is it? - Enthusiastic.

-

- 我很受好评的

- Ah. - I was well reviewed.

那…个…莱诺

Yes...well...Lionel,

我想对于我们剧团来说,您的…

I think our dramatic society is looking for

…年龄大了点

someone slightly younger

也缺点儿王者风范

and a little more regal.

要把最外面的先关上

You have to shut that one first.

关了第一扇门才行

Close that one first, that

你怎么找到这个…医师的?

Where did you find this...physician?

来源保密,线人在谢德集市的法国造型小店旁边

Classifieds, next to “French model, Shepherd's Market”.

这人强力推荐他

He comes highly recommended.

收费不少,用来帮助穷人

Charges substantial fees in order to help the poor.

哎呀,难不成是个共党分子?

Oh dear, perhaps he's a Bolshevik?!

他没接待员,说是凡事从简

He has no receptionist. He likes to keep things simple.

约翰逊一家来了

The Johnsons.

你能进去了,约翰逊先生

You can go in now, “Mr. Johnson”.

莱诺说,您可以在这里等着,夫人

Lionel says...wait here if you wish, Mrs Johnson.

天气这…这么好,也可以…

Or, it being a p-pleasant day,

…出…出去散步

p-perhaps take a stroll.

这样行么,莱诺?

Was that alright...Lionel?

非常好,威利!

Marvellous, Willy

你可以在这儿等你妈妈

You can stay here and wait for your mum.

约翰逊夫人。先生,请进

Mrs Johnson. Mr.Johnson, do come in.

想要吃糖吗?

Would you like a sweetie

威利这小伙不错

He's a good lad, Willy.

刚开始过来时

He could hardly make a sound, you know,

他都发不出声来

when he first came to me.

我儿子们做的,还不错吧?

My boys made those. Good, aren't they.

请随便坐

Please, make yourself comfortable.

我听说不能坐的太近

I was told not not to sit too close.

还有说话的时候,要让王子先选择话题

when speaking with a prince, one waits for the prince to choose the topic.

等着我…才…才开始

Waiting for me to… commence a conversation

那可要等上很久

one can wait a rather long wait.

那么就讲些笑话?

Do you know any jokes?

把握节奏…我可不擅长

Timing isn't my strong suit.

来杯茶?

Cuppa tea?

不了,谢谢

No thank you.

我来一杯吧

I think I'll have one.

罗格医生,你不该开始治疗了吗?

Aren't you going to start treating me Dr Logue?

你真正愿意配合了,我才开始

Only if you're interested in being treated.

叫我莱诺就好

Please, call me Lionel.

我还是称呼你医生吧

I… I prefer Doctor.

我喜欢莱诺这名儿。怎么称呼您?

I prefer Lionel. What'll I call you?

尊贵的殿下,然后说公爵

Your Royal Highness, then Sir after that.

太正式了点,还是叫名字吧

A bit formal for here. I prefer names

阿尔伯特·福德里克·亚瑟·乔治王子?

Prince Albert Frederick Arthur George?

叫伯蒂好么?

How about Bertie?

我家人才能这么说

Only my family uses that.

那正好了,在这儿,我们最好是平等关系

Perfect. In here, it's better if we're equals.

和你一样的话,我就不会来了

If we were equal.. I wouldn't be here.

我陪陪家人就行,没人管我结巴的事儿

I'd be.. at home with my wife and no-one would give a damn.

请别这样

Please don't do that.

怎么?

I'm sorry?

这样吸烟就是自己找死

I believe sucking smoke into your lungs will kill you.

我的医生说烟能放松喉部

My physicians say it relaxes the throat.

一群笨蛋

They're idiots.

他们可是受过爵位的医生

They've all been knighted.

那就是官方的笨蛋了

Makes it official then.

我的城堡,我来做主

My 'castle', my rules.

麻烦了

Thank you

你最早的回忆是什么?

What was your earliest memory?

什么乱七八糟的

What an earth do you mean?

你最先记起的事儿

Your first recollection.

我不是来…

I'm not…

…来讨论个人隐私的

here to discuss personal matters.

那您干什么来了?

Why're you here then?

因为我非常的结巴!

Because I bloody well stammer!

脾气很烈嘛

You have a bit of a temper.

我的缺点之一

One of my many faults.

什么时候开始结巴的?

When did the defect start?

我从小就这样!

I've always been this way!

我很怀疑

I doubt that.

别…别和我争!是我结巴!

Don't.. tell me! It's my stammer!

我研究这领域,我保证…

It's my field. I assure you,

没有小孩生下来就是结巴的

no infant starts to speak with a stammer.

什么时候开始的?

When did it start?

四五岁吧

Four or five.

这很典型

That's typical.

其他人也这么说

So I've been told.

我印象里就没有不结巴的时候

I can't remember not doing it.

这我相信。想事儿的时候会结巴吗?

I can believe that. Do you hesitate when you think?

别开玩笑了

Don't be ridiculous.

自言自语的时候呢?

How about when you talk to yourself?

每个人都有嘟囔的时候,伯蒂

Everyone natters occasionally, Bertie.

别这么叫我!

Stop calling me that!

我不会叫你其他名字了

I'm not going to call you anything else.

那咱们谈话结束

Then we shan't speak!

大夫,咨询也要收钱的吧?

Are you charging for this, Doctor?

一大笔呢

A fortune.

茶待会喝

I'll just save that brew

那你自言自语的时候,结巴吗?

So, when you talk to yourself, do you stammer?

当然不会!

Of course not!

这说明你的缺陷不是不可改变的

That proves your impediment isn't a permanent part of you.

你觉得病因是什么?

What do you think was the cause?

我怎么知道!我…我也不关心!

I don't know! I… don't care!

我结巴,没人能治得好

I stammer. And no one can fix it.

我打赌,你在这儿就能流畅的阅读

I'll bet you, you can read flawlessly, right here, right now.

如果我赌赢了,我要继续问你些问题

And if I win the bet, I get to ask you more questions.

要是我赢?

And if I win?

你可以不回答么

You don't have to answer them.

一般…都是赌钱的

One usually… wagers money.

赌注一先令,赌个意思?你的钱呢

A bob each to keep it sweet? Let's see your shilling.

我…我…随身不带钱

I don't… carry money.

我就觉得你会这么说

I had a funny feeling you mightn't.

我帮你下注,下回还给我就好

I'll stake you. And you can pay me back next time.

如果还有下回的话

If there is a next time.

我也没确定要继续治疗你

I haven't agreed to take you on yet

请站起来,读读这段,从这里

So please stand, and take a look at that, from there

这我读不了

I can't read this.

你试都不试,先输我一先令了

Then you owe me a shilling for not trying.

“生…生…存还是毁灭”

(莎士比亚《哈姆雷特》)

To.. to..be or not to be,

“这是……” 见鬼

That… is..” damn

我还没完呢

I haven't finished yet.

下面我要录下你的声音

I'm going to record your voice

回头用这台机器重放给你听

And then play it back to you on the same machine.

这可是来自美国的先进发明,银嗓牌留声机

This is brilliant. It's the latest thing from America :a Silvertone.

戴上试试?

Pop these on?

有赌注哦,回家就能发大财了!

There's a bob in this, mate. You can go home rich!

- 你在放音乐

- 没错

- You're playing music. - I know.

那我怎么听到我说什么?

How can I hear what I'm saying?!

相信殿下的聪明头脑会控制自己嘴巴的

Surely a Prince's brain knows what its mouth is doing?

看起来你好像不太了解王子殿下啊

You're not well acquainted with Royal Princes, are you?

生存还是毁灭…这是一个值得考虑的问题

to be or not to be.. that is the question

我没救了,没救了!

Hopeless. Hopeless!

您念得相当好啊

You were sublime.

我会当着王子的面撒谎吗?就为了赢便士?

Would I lie to a prince of the realm to win twelve-pence?

我可是猜不到一个澳大利亚人要点英国小钱干嘛

I've no idea what an Australian might do for that sort of money.

- 我放给你听

- 不用了

- let me play it back to you - No.

那也行,我再问你些问题

Alright then, I'll get to ask you the questions.

不麻烦了,这个疗法…不太适合我

Thank you Doctor, I don't… feel this is for me.

占用你的时间了,再见

Thank you for your time. Bye

公爵?

Sir?

录音是免费的

The recording is free.

您留作纪念吧

Please keep it as a souvenir?

没戏

No

那算了

Ah well.

这倔脾气!

bugger

(年圣诞广播,国王乔治五世)

King George V.Christmas Broadcast ,

眼前的任务…

(桑德林姆宫,诺福克市)

For the present(Sandringham House,Norfolk)

由我们共同承担

the work to which we are all equally bound,

努力寻求边疆的…

is to arrive at a reasoned tranquility...

…充分安定,在萧条的形势下重获国家繁荣

...within our borders, to regain prosperity in this time of depression without self-seeking

不再自私自利,努力帮助那些过去几年受苦的人们

and to carry with us those whom the burden of past years has disheartened or overborne.

我祝你们每一个人,圣诞快乐

To all, to each, I wish a Happy Christmas.

上帝保佑你们

God bless you.

直播结束

And off air

知道窍门了就简单了

Easy when you know how.

陛下?

Sir?

你也试试

Have a go yourself.

恭喜您,陛下

Congratulations, Sir.

伍德先生,了不起的年轻人

Ah, Mr Wood. Splendid fellow.

小伙子告诉我制胜的窍门:

Chap taught me everything I know:

让麦克风自然引导自己

let the microphone do the work.

陛下

Sir.

谢谢

Thank you.

坐正了,挺起腰

Sit up, straight back,

瞪大眼睛盯着这讲稿

face boldly up to the bloody thing and stare its quare in the eye,

就像正派的英国人一样

as you would any decent Englishman.

给它点颜色看看

Show who's in command.

爸爸,我…我…读不了这个

Papa I don't…think I read this

你念不了的话,这邪恶的机器就会毁了你

This devilish device will change everything if you won't.

以前的国王只需要稳坐在马背上,表现得体就好

In the past all a King had to do was look respectable in uniform and not fall off his horse.

现在,我们必须去主动迎合大众的需要

Now we must invade people's homes and ingratiate ourselves with them.

王室家族的角色改变

This family has been reduced to those lowest

我们成为了最卑微的存在…成了演员

beast of all creatures...we've become...actors!

我想我们不是一个家族,更像个公司

we're not a family, we're a firm.

没错,任何时候都可能有人失业

Yet any moment some of us may be out of work.

你这活宝哥哥,未来的国王

Your darling brother... and future king

唯一想娶的女人就是别人的老婆!

The only wife he appears interested in is invariably the wife of another!

他已经和弗内斯女士分手了

He's broken off with Lady Furness.

又勾搭上辛普森夫人,她两个丈夫还都活得好好的!

And taken up a Mrs Simpson, a woman with two husbands living!

我明确警告过他,宫廷不接受离过婚的人

I told him straight no divorced person can ever be received at court.

他说她让他由衷的开心

He said she made him sublimely happy.

我觉得这是因为他们睡过觉了吧

I imagined that was because she was sleeping with him.

“我向你保证”他说

I give you my word” this is what he said

“我保证,我们没有不道德的行为发生”

I give you my word, we've never had immoral relations,”

看着他父亲的眼睛,瞪着眼…

Stared square into his father's eyes...

说瞎话!

and lied.

我过世以后,这小子肯定会毁了自己,毁了家庭

When I'm dead that boy will ruin himself, this family,

一年之内毁了这个国家

and this nation, within twelve months.

谁来收拾烂摊子?

Who'll pick up the pieces?

是希特勒,威胁着半个欧洲

Herr Hitler, intimidating half of Europe,

还是斯大林,威胁另一半的?

Marshall Stalin the other half?

谁来控制局面?马靴军队?

Who'll stand between us, the jackboots,

无产阶级深渊?还是你?

and the proletarian abyss? You?

你的大哥这么逃避责任

With your older brother shirking his duties,

你以后可不止演讲这点困难

you're going to have to do a lot more of this.

努力再试试

Have a go yourself.

依靠…最…最

Through..the… one of the m-

说出来!

Get it out boy!

…先…进…的

...m-marvels of m-

“当代” ……慢慢来

Modern - just take your time

脑子想好词语

form your words carefully

…科学,我能…能…

Science, I am enabled, this C

放松!快点说!

Relax! Just try it!

…在圣诞节,向我的…

...this Christmas Day, to speak to all my p-

给我说!

Do it!

这江湖骗子

Lying bastard.

- 你在放音乐

- 没错

- You're playing music. - I know.

那我怎么听到我说什么?

How can I hear what I'm saying?!

相信殿下的聪明头脑会控制自己嘴巴的

Surely a Prince's brain knows what its mouth is doing?

看起来你好像不太了解王子殿下啊

You're not well acquainted with Royal Princes, are you?

“生存还是毁灭,这是一个值得考虑的问题”

To be, or not to be, - that is the question: -

“默然忍受命运…

...whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer

暴虐的毒箭

The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,

或是挺身反抗人世的无涯的苦难

Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,

通过斗争把它们扫清

And by opposing end them..

死了,睡着了,什么都完了

To die, to sleep no more

要是在这一种睡眠之中

And by a sleep to say we end

我们心头的创痛,其他无数血肉之躯…

The heartache, and the thousand natural shocks

所不能避免的打击,都可以从此消失…”

That flesh is heir to? ‘tis a consummation…”

我没救了,没救了!

Hopeless! Hopeless!

只谈正事儿,不…不谈隐私之类的废话

Strictly business. No.. personal nonsense.

我不是上次说的很清楚了吗?

I thought I'd made that very clear in our interview.

欠我的钱带来了吗?

Got the shilling you owe me?

没有

No I haven't

别想赖账

Didn't think so.

而且,你…是用花招骗了我

Besides, you…tricked me!

身体训练和花招窍门都很重要

Physical exercises and tricks are important

不过你这样要求,我只能治疗病的皮毛

But what you're asking will only deal with the surface of the problem.

这样够吗?不够

Is that that's sufficient? Ah, no.

就我观察来看,我丈夫身体确实有说话的障碍

As far as I see it, my husband has mechanical difficulties with his speech.

先治疗这部分好了

Maybe just deal with that.

我愿意努力配合治疗,罗格医生

I..I'm willing to work hard, Doctor Logue...

叫我莱诺

Lionel.

你愿意尽力治疗吗?

Are you… willing to do your part?

当然。你要治疗身体?

Alright. You want mechanics?

我们需要放松你下巴的肌肉

加强舌头的锻炼

We need to relax your jaw muscles and strengthen your tongue.

通过绕口令之类的练习,比如

By repeating tongue twisters for example.

“我筛选蓟草

I am a thistle-sifter.

我有个筛好蓟草的筛子

I have a sieve of sifted thistles

还有个没筛好蓟草的筛子

And a sieve of unsifted thistles.

因为我要筛蓟草”

Because I am a thistle sifter.”

好的

Fine.

你的肚子软囊囊的

You do have a flabby tummy,

我们要花时间锻炼你的胸膈膜

We'll need to spend some time strength in your diaphragm.

简单的锻炼

Simple mechanics.

我们就需要这个

That is all we ask.

得先给我一先令的钱

And that's about a shilling's worth.

别惦记着你走运赌赢的钱了!

Forget about the blessed shilling!

可能…在有些场合

Perhaps, upon occasion,

需要你的亲自协助

You might be request to assistance…

如果有…演讲活动的话

in coping with…some minor event.

你同意这样的安排吗

Will that be agreeable?

没问题

Of course.

你的职责仅限于此了

That will be the full extent of your services.

我下周来找你?

Shall I see you next week?

我要每天都见你

I shall see you every day.

感觉到下巴的松弛了吧

Feel the loosening of the jaw

好,小跳一下,小跳

Good. Little bounces,bounces

肩膀,肩膀

Shoulders. shoulders

现在放松

Now loose

深呼吸,扩张胸部

Take a nice deep breath, expand the chest

把手放到肋骨上

Put your hands on your ribs

深吸气,好

Deeper, good

有什么感觉?

How do you feel?

肺里充满热空气

Full of hot air.

公众演讲不就是这感觉吗

Isn't that what public speaking is all about?

“我和妻子很高兴能来到这家重要的…”

My wife and I are glad to visit this important…

深呼吸,提气。殿下

Take a good deep breathe, and up come your Royal Highness

慢慢吐气,收回来。殿下

And slowly exhale and down come your Royal Highness

- 感觉还行,伯蒂?

- 还行

- are you alright, Bertie? - yes

其实这挺好玩的

this is actually quite good fun.

……母亲

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmother.

逐渐缩短哼声的时间

Short the humming each time

工厂…在这个地区…

(“工厂”用到了“母亲”的辅音)

Manufacturing…the district…

- 再次深吸气,说“杰克和吉尔”

- “杰克和吉尔”(儿童歌谣)

- Another deep breath and “jack and Jill” - “Jack and Jill”

- 一起上山

- 一起上山

- Went up the hill - went up the hill

摇摆身体…很好

Just sway… perfect

“我们这样要求可能过分…”

We are not permit to ask…to

放松肩膀

Loosen the shoulder

叮咚铃响,小猫掉进井里了

(儿童歌谣)

Ding dong bell, Pussy's in the well

谁扔的?小约翰·格林

Who put her in? Little Johnny Green

记性不好了,伯蒂?继续

Have a short memory Bertie? Come on

- cow(奶牛)

- cow(奶牛)

- cow - cow

- king(国王)

- king(国王)

- king - king

只要能大声对着窗外喊出元音,

就肯定能开口演讲

Anyone who can shout vowels in an open window can learn to deliver a speech.

- …秒

- 深呼吸

- …

- Deep breath. And it is..

- 这样…

- 让词语脱口而出

- it is ... - let the words flow

我的嘴怎么不行

mine doesn't bloody work

加油,再试一次,伯蒂

come on, one more time, Bertie

你能行的

you can do it

一个筛好蓟草的筛子

a sieve of sifted thistles

- father(父亲)

- father(父亲)

- father - father

- 耐心等待词中的元音

- father(父亲)

- Wait for “aa” in patient - father

桑德林姆宫,年

Sandringham Estate

- 你好,伯蒂

- 你好,大卫

- Hello, Bertie. - Hello David

- 现在常出来玩?

- 没这习惯

- I see you've been coming out - Not at all

等了很久?我的天,这么冷

Been waiting long? For Christ, bloody freezing

你去哪儿了?

Where've you been?

到处忙

Been busy.

我也是,伊丽莎白得了肺炎

So was I. Elizabeth has pneumonia.

我很难过。不过她会好的

I'm sorry. She'll recover.

父亲不会

Father won't.

我来开车

I'll drive.

老家伙肯定是有意这么做的

Old bugger's doing this on purpose.

寻死?

Dying?

他这么做,是有意搅乱我和华莉丝的事

Departing prematurely to complicate matters with Wallis.

看在老天的份上,大卫

Oh for heaven's sake, David.

他一直有病,你怎么这么想

You know how long he's been ill.

华莉丝解释给我的,她这方面脑筋很好使

Wallis explained. She's terribly clever about these things.

…根据国印证明的文件

... whereas by letters patent under the Great Seal,

年月日,在威斯敏斯特议会大厦

bearing date of Westminster, the eleventh June

国王乔治五世确实任命过…

his Majesty King George V did constitute,

说需要有个监护人的角色

order and declare that there should be a guardian,

- 这是怎么回事?

- 以议会的形式

- what's going on here? - Custos Regni, in the form of Councilors of State.

我完全听不懂你在说什么

I cannot follow you. I'm confused and I don't understand

- 听不明白

- 是议会的决议,陛下

- … what you're taking about - It's the order of the Council for the State, Sir.

- 谁帮帮我?

- 我们能代您行使权利

- would you do that? - So we may act on your behalf.

表达的不清楚,我还是没懂什么意思

not clearly I'm afraid...I'm still confused...

- 您同意就好

- 谢谢

But Approved. Thank you.

- 我来帮您,陛下

- 好的

- Let me help you sir - alright

- 谢谢陛下

- 谢谢

- thank you sir - thank you

觉得好点了吗,陛下?

Feeling a little better Sir?

没有任何好转,我感觉很糟

No. I'm not feeling any better. I feel dreadful.

你去滑冰玩了?

Been ice-skating?

没有,乔治

No, George.

他肯定没事儿

Yes, he's alright. Of course.

我知道,亲爱的,这样长谈…

I know, darling, a talk, even a lovely long talk,

也绝比不上和你相拥而眠

is a poor substitute for holding tight and making drowsy.

近期见面肯定不容易

Nor making our own drowsies either,

尤其是和你一起

as we've had to do far too often lately.

- 大卫,吃晚饭了

- 我在和华莉丝通话

- David, the dinner - I'm on with Wallis

是伯蒂

It's Bertie.

不是要紧事儿。…我也不想啊

No, it's not important. No. I don't want to

回头给我电话?好了,再见

No, telephone me later? Right, bye

华莉丝非常想念我

Wallis misses me terribly.

妈妈说你吃晚饭迟到了

Mama says you're late for dinner.

她忘了老爸的表总是拨快半个小时!

She forgets Papa's bloody clocks were always half an hour fast!

国王身体如何?希望他疼痛缓解

How is the king? I hope he is not in pain.

没事儿了,陛下现在安静很多了

No, no, His Majesty is quieter now.

谢谢

Thank you

大卫,要是你父亲在

这样不守时是绝不允许的

David, if your father were here, tardiness would not be tolerated.

不可能容忍任何这些无礼举止

None of this..unpleasantness would be tolerated

殿下,我很欣赏您和国王有所不同的…

You know Sir, I appreciate that you are different from your father

…性格和眼光

Both in outlook and temperament.

我希望您明白,每当国王质询您的举止时

I want you to know that whenever the King questioned your conduct,

我总是说好话,把您的最佳一面展现出来

I tried in your interest to present it in a most favorable light.

我相信您会把我的利益放在心上

I can always trust you to have my best interests at heart.

恐怕我们的守夜时间不会长了…

I'm fear our vigil will not be of long duration.

请继续用餐,谢谢…

Please continue, thank you

请把我们的兄弟乔治托付给仁慈的上帝

just commend our brother George to the mercy of God,

我们的造物主,赎罪者

our Maker and Redeemer.

国王万岁

Long live the King.

但愿我能成为父亲那样好国王

I hope I will make good as he has made good.

你刚才究竟是怎么了?

What on earth was that?

可怜的华莉丝。我是解脱不了了

Poor Wallis. Now I'm trapped!

在过去的年的风风雨雨中

And in these last crowded troubled glorious years

国王乔治教给了我们最重要的…

If there's one thing that King George has taught

是他的领袖风范,以及对臣民兄长般的温暖

t is the art of the leader with also a brother to his followers

他活着的时候,是整个帝国的指路明灯

As long as he lives he was the guiding star of a great nation

爸爸?

(广播:当国王过世,街上的小朋友们失声痛哭)

Dad? (When he died, the little children cried in the street)

换换脑筋?

(广播:当国王过世,街上的小朋友们失声痛哭)

Time for a Shake, dad?

- 你愿意?

- 来吧

- You sure? - Go on

你们得绞尽脑汁了

Put your thinking caps on.

我猜他要演苏格兰戏剧

Bet its the Scottish Play.

我猜是《奥赛罗》,每次都是

No, I bet it's Othello. It's always Othello.

“您害怕吗?不要怕”

(莎士比亚戏剧《暴风雨》)

Art thou afeard? Be not afeard”

- 你演的是 凯列班

- 老天爷,你这是碰巧猜中

- Caliban! - Oh! For heaven's sake.. that was a lucky guess!

别理书呆子了,爸爸你继续

Don't listen to egghead. Go on, Dad.

“这岛上充满了各种声音”

(凯列班是该剧的头号反派)

the isle is full of noises,

“悦耳的乐曲,使人听了愉快,不会伤人”

(《暴风雨》第三幕第三场)

Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight, and hurt not.

“有时成千的叮咚乐器…”

Sometimes a thousand twanging instruments

“在我耳边鸣响;有时醒来听到歌声”

Will hum about mine ears; and sometimes voices,

“又让我沉沉睡去”

That, if then I had waked after long sleep, Will make me sleep again:”

那好,搅局的小子,下面什么台词?

Alright, clever clogs, what comes next?

- “然后在梦中,我在云端…”

- 是“在云端,我”

- “..and then, in dreaming, Me thought the clouds” - the clouds me thought

“在云端…我见云层打开”

The clouds me thought would open,

“无数珍宝向我倾倒下来”

And show riches Ready to drop upon me; that...”

“醒来后,哭着想要再做一遍同样的梦”

...when I waked, I cried to dream again.”

这么想真可怜

It's such a sad thought.

我下个病人来早了,抱歉你们得先走了

My next patient must be a bit early. You better go lads, I'm sorry.

克利福德,你稍等一下

Won't be a moment, Clifford.

伯蒂,他们通知我你不过来了

Bertie, they told me not to expect you.

对你父亲的过世,我很遗憾

Sorry about your father.

我不想冒昧打扰的…

I don't wish to intrude..

不不,没关系,请进

No..Not at all, please come in

我一直在练习,每天一小时

I've been practising. One hour a day.

雷打不动

In spite of everything.

这是怎么回事?

What's going on there?

抱歉,我和孩子们闹着玩着

I was, sorry, mucking around with my kids.

今天还想练习一下?

Do you feel like working today?

柯蒂斯双翼飞机

A Curtis bi-plane.

我准备点热牛奶

I'll put on some hot milk.

罗格,给我来点烈酒

Logue, I'd kill for something stronger.

我没见到我父亲的最后一面

I wasn't there for my father's death.

我心里一直很过意不去

Still makes me sad.

我能理解

I can imagine so.

- 你父亲是做什么的?

- 酿酒师

- What did you father do? - He was brewer.

-

- 至少我有免费啤酒

- Oh. - At least there was free beer.

为纪念你父亲,干一杯

Here's to the memory of your father.

在他…过世后,有人告诉我

I was informed, after the fact,

我父亲的…遗言是:

my father's …last words were:

“伯蒂比…他所有兄弟加起来…还要勇敢”

Bertie has more.. guts than the rest of his brothers.. put together.”

可惜他没能当面告诉我

He couldn't say that to my face.

我哥哥

My brother.

他怎么了

What about him?

- 你可以唱着说

- 什么?

- Try singing it. - I'm sorry?

你会唱什么曲子?

What songs do you know?

- 歌谣?

- 《斯旺尼河》

- Songs? - “Swanee River

- 我喜欢这曲子

- 正好是我的最爱

- I love that song. - Happens to be my favorite.

- 把和声哼给我听

- 不,肯定不唱

- Sing me the chorus. - No. Certainly not.

我一直…想要做模型

I always.. wanted to build models.

父亲…不会允许的。他…集邮

Father… wouldn't allow it. He.. collected stamps.

我们也得集邮

We had to collect stamps.

要是唱歌的话,你就可以把它做完

You can finish that off. If you sing.

- “我哥哥大卫,啦啦啦”

- 我不会坐在这儿傻唱的

- “My brother David, doo-dah” - I'm not going to sit here wobbling

和我别见外

You can with me.

是啊…因为你很怪

Because… you're peculiar.

我就把这当成赞美喽

I take that as a compliment.

你得守规矩

Rules are rules

我才不会…哼唱《斯旺尼河》!

I'm not…crooning “Swanee River!”

那换成《康城赛马歌》

Try “Camptown Races” then.

“我哥大卫,他对我说,啦啦啦啦”

My brother D, he said to me, doodah doo-dah...”

- 连续发声让你保持连贯

- 不行

- Continuous sound will give you flow. - No

现在大卫成了国王,你不觉得不舒服吗?

Does it feel strange, now that David's on the throne?

实话实说,我是松了一口气

Tell you the truth, It was a relief...

得知…国王不是…是我

Knowing.. I wouldn't be ..King.

不过如果他没有后代,那你就是接班人

But unless he produces an heir, you're next in line.

然后你女儿伊丽莎白会接替你

And your daughter, Elizabeth, would then succeed you.

“这个话题可不对头,医生,医生”

You're barking up the wrong tree now, Doctor, Doctor.”

叫我“莱诺”,你没结巴啊

Lionel,” You didn't stammer.

当然不会,我在唱歌!

Of course I didn't stammer, I was singing!

好吧,作为小小的奖励

Well, as a little reward,

你可以在这些支架上涂些胶水

you get to put some glue on these struts.

- 你儿子不介意吧?

- 不会,放心吧

- your boy wouldn't mind? - No, not at all

我和大卫很亲近

David and I were very close.

像两头年轻的雄鹿…你懂的

Young bucks... You know.

追求过同一个女孩?

Did you chase the same girls?

大卫牵线搭桥很在行

David was always very helpful in arranging introductions.

我们享受过…巴黎“波莱特”馆的顶级服务

We shared… the expert ministrations of “Paulette” in Paris.

当然不是同时来了

Not at the same time of course.

大卫取笑过你吗?

Did David ever tease you?

当然,别人总是这样

Oh yes they all did.

“伯伯伯…伯蒂”

Buh-buh-buh-Bertie”.

父亲也推波助澜

Father encouraged it.

“快点说啊,小子”

Get it out, boy!”

以为这样就能让我不结巴

Said it would make me stop.

他说,“我就很怕我爸”

Said...”I was afraid of my father,

“我孩子怕我是理所当然”

and my children are damn well going to be afraid of me”.

你是天生习惯右手吗?

Are you naturally right handed?

我以前是左撇子…老罚我,就改成右手了

Left. I was… punished. Now I use the right.

这在结巴患者中挺常见的

Yes, that's very common with stammerers.

还有什么矫正之类的?

Anything other corrections?

膝盖外翻

Knock knees.

金属…夹板套着…昼夜都得带

Metal… splints were made...worn…day and night

那肯定不好受

That must have been painful.

非常难受。总算现在是直腿了

Bloody agony. Straight legs now.

家里人谁和你最亲近

Who were you closest to in your family?

奶妈。不过不是最早的那个

Nannies. Not my first nanny..

她喜欢大卫,讨厌我

she loved David...hated me.

每天我该见父母的时候…

When I.. was presented to my parents for the daily viewing,

她…她都掐我,我就哭

she'd...She pinch me so I'd cry,

然后我…就马上带回来让她照顾

and be…handed back to her immediately,

然后她就不…

then she wouldn't…

- 唱出来吧

- 她就不让我吃饭,离我远远的

- sing it - then she wouldn't feed me, far far away.”

我父母三年以后才发现

Took my parents three years to notice.

你也能想象的到

As you can imagine,

给我胃留下了病根,现在还没好

it caused some stomach problems. Still.

你兄弟乔尼呢?

What about your brother Johnnie?

和他亲近吗?

Were you close to him?

乔尼,人很不错

Johnnie, Sweet boy.

有癫痫…他…有点“怪”

Epilepsy...and...he was 'different'.

岁死后,家里人就不再提他

He died at , hidden from view.

大人说这不是光彩事儿

I've been told it's not catching.

- 再加点酒

- 多谢

- Do you want a top-up? - Please.

其实,莱诺…

You know, Lionel,

- 你是第一个英国平民…

- 澳大利亚人

- you're the first ordinary Englishman... - Australian.

…我能亲口交谈的人

...I've ever really spoken to.

以前我坐车路过大街

when I'm driven through the streets and see,

看到百姓们盯着我看

you know, the Common Man staring at me,

我忽然想到…

I'm struck by how little I know of his life,

我们其实都彼此了解甚少

and how little he knows of mine.

- 谢谢

- 朋友就是弥补这一点的

- Thank you - What're friends for.

以前我不懂

I wouldn't know.

巴尔默罗城堡,苏格兰

Balmoral Castle, Scotland

“我筛出来七根硬杆蓟草”

(顺口溜)

I sifted seven thick-stalked thistles

用我又厚又硬的筛子

through strong thick sieves.

我筛出来七…

I sifted seven...”

- 亲爱的,你不歇歇吗?

- 我必须坚持练习才行

- isn't that enough darling? No? - I have to keep doing this

这都怪你

This is your fault.

- 我筛出来七根

- 哦不

- I sifted seven - Oh no

一百年的云杉就这么砍了,怕挡她视线

One hundred year old spruces removed to improve the view!

她以为她算老几

Who do you think she is?

不过…我们必须对辛普森太太表现的友好些

Nonetheless...we must try to be pleasant towards Mrs Simpson.

你知道她叫我“苏格兰的胖厨师”吗

You know she calls me “The Fat Scottish Cook”?

你才不胖

You're not fat.

我是有点丰满了

I'm getting plump.

你也不做饭啊

You seldom cook.

- 我筛出来七

- 闭嘴啦

- I sifted seven. - Shut up!!

我筛出来…

I sifted…

- ,,,酒会开始

- 约克公爵和公爵夫人殿下到来

- ,, and booze - Their Royal Highnesses the Duke and Duchess of York.

真高兴见到你们俩

How lovely to see you both.

欢迎来到我们的乡村小屋

Welcome to our little country shack.

我是应国王的邀请而来

I came at the invitation of the King.

陛下

Your Majesty

- 好的

- 抱歉我们迟到了

- All right - Sorry we're late

见到您很高兴,辛普森太太

Very nice to see you, Mrs Simpson

很高兴

Very nice

你好,大卫

Hello David.

我看你…改造了…花园

Making… some changes to the garden I see.

是啊,还没完工

I am. I am not quite finished yet.

我这算举止无礼吗,丘吉尔先生?

Don't tell me I behaved badly, Mr Churchill.

正好相反,殿下

On the contrary, your Royal Highness.

礼节规定要由宴会主人接待王室成员

Etiquette decrees royalty should be greeted by the official host:

应该是国王本人迎接你,而不是平民百姓

in this case: the King. Not a commoner.

- 谢谢

- 她怎么迷住他的?

- Thank you. - what is her hold on him?

想不明白啊

I've no idea.

不过显然她有些…技巧

Apparently she has certain...skills,

在上海的圈子练就了一身功夫

which she learnt in an establishment in Shanghai.

- 大卫

- 马上就弄好,宝贝

- David - just be a sec, darling

失陪

Excuse me.

大卫,我一直想要见你

David, I've been trying to see you...

我日理万机啊

I've been terribly busy.

- 忙什么

- 做国王

- Doing what? - Kinging.

是么

Really?

现在国王…可没那么好当

Kinging.. is a precarious business these days!

俄国沙皇没请?

Where is the Tsar of Russia?

威廉表亲也没来?

Where is Cousin Wilhelm?

别没事找事

You're being dreary.

国王的本职就是先辞掉个家仆

再送华莉丝更多珍珠?

Is Kinging laying off eighty staff and buying yet more pearls for Wallis

现在欧洲可是有群众游行,唱着“红旗飘扬”

while there are people marching across Europe singing “The Red Flag”?

别担心了,希特勒肯定会摆平他们

Stop your worrying. Herr Hitler will sort that lot out.

那谁来摆平希特勒?

Who'll sort out Herr Hitler?

那瓶年的酒呢?

Where's the bloody '?

你居然让她住母亲的房间?

And you've put that woman into our mother's suite?

妈妈现在又没睡觉

Mother's not still in the bed, is she?

这一点都不好笑

That's not funny.

找到了,华莉丝喜欢好酒

Here it is, Wally likes the very best.

我不管你今晚和谁潇洒

I don't care what woman you carry on with at night,

只要你早上能履行职责!

as long as you show up for duty in the morning!

华莉丝不是我只想潇洒一下的对象

Wallis is not just some woman I am carrying on with.

我们想要结婚

We intend to marry

什么?

Excuse me?

她正在办离婚

She's filing a petition for divorce.

我的天哪

Good God.

你送她套房子和名头不就行了?

Can't you just give her a nice house and a title?

我不想让她当我的情妇

I'm not having her as my mistress.

教会是不会承认离婚的

The Church does not recognise divorce

你还…代表着教会

and you are the… head of the Church.

- 我没有特权吗?

- 很多优待条件

- Haven't I any rights? - Many privileges...

这不一样。你的百姓可以为了爱情结婚

Not the same thing. Your beloved Common Man may marry for love,

我就不行?

Why not me?

如果想当百姓

If you were the Common Man,

你做国王的依据又在哪里?

on what basis could you possibly claim to be King?!

听起来你对可悲的宪法研究很透啊

Sounds like you've studied our wretched constitution.

听起来你就没读过

Sounds like you haven't.

原来你是这意思?推我下台?

Is that what this is all about? Bashing up?

背地里搞什么辩论训练

Hence the elocution lessons?

传的满城风雨了

That's the scoop around town.

我只是…是想…

I'm trying to…to...

想要更多人听你的话吗

Yearning for a larger audience are we,

伯伯伯…伯蒂?

B-b-b-bertie?

别…别…

D-don't…

什么?没听懂啊

What's that? I'm sorry.

弟弟想要推翻哥哥的王位

Young brother trying to push older brother off throne...

相当有中…中世纪风格啊

Po..Po..sitively medieval.

- 华莉丝

- 你刚才去哪儿了?

- Wallis - where have you been all this time?

有人找我聊天

I've been talking to.

算了

Never mind.

- 你这国王还真是神秘莫测

- 努力保持风格

- It's very complicated little king you're - I tried to be

努力了半天都白费了

All that work, down the drain.

我对…哥哥…当面说不出…一个字来!

My own ..brother... I couldn't say.. a single word to him in reply!

为什么你对大卫结巴,对我说就没事?

Why do you stammer more with David than you do with me?

那是因为我给你钱了!

Because you're bloody well paid to listen!

伯蒂,我可不是卖艺的歌女

Bertie I'm not a geisha girl.

你就不能装傻一下吗!

Stop trying to be so bloody clever!

究竟大卫哪一点让你说不出话来?

What is it about David that stops you speaking?

你怎么老是对这烂事儿纠缠不休?

What is it about you that bloody well make you want to go on about it the whole bloody time?

说粗话很流利,这时候你不结巴

Vulgar but fluent. You don't stammer when you swear.

滚开!

Bugger off!

骂人只能到这种程度?

Is that the best you can do?

你这讨厌的家伙,野蛮的混蛋

Well bloody bugger to you, you beastly bastard.

小学生都比你骂得狠

A public school prig can do better than that.

妈的,妈的,妈的,妈的!

Shit. Shit, shit, shit!

嘴里吐脏字很轻松吧?

Defecation flows trippingly from the tongue?

因为我很生气!

Because I'm angry!

噢,你知道F开头的词?

Ah. Know the f-word?

F..Fornication(通奸)

Fornication?

别装了

Oh Bertie.

(Fuck)操,操,操,操!

Fuck. Fuck, fucking, fuck!

混蛋,混蛋,混蛋!

Bugger, bugger, bugger!

操操操,贱货

Fuck Fuck ass

- 操蛋,操蛋

- 看到了吧,一点不结巴

- Balls Balls Fuckity - Yes! You see! Not a hesitation!

小鸡鸡,妈的,操,大波波

Willy, Shit and Fuck, and tits

爸爸?你们在干啥?

Dad? What's going on?

抱歉了,你继续安心写作业

Sorry. Just finish your homework.

你的这种形象,人们可不常见到啊

Well that's a side of you we don't get to see all that often.

有规矩的…至少公开场合不行

No. No we're not supposed to really, not publicly.

出去透透气吧

Let's get some air.

罗格,我觉得这么出去不太好

No Logue, I don't think that's a good idea.

怎么了?在担心什么事吗?

What's the matter? Why are you so upset?

罗格,你想都想不到

Logue, you have no idea.

我哥哥…迷上了一个结了两次婚的女人

My brother.. is infatuated with a woman who's been married twice

她正在办理离婚

She's asking for a divorce

我哥铁了心要娶她

And he is determined to marry her.

来自巴尔的摩的华莉丝·辛普森夫人

(美国城市名)

Mrs Wallis Simpson of Baltimore.

听着就不对劲。来自美国的英国王后?

That's not right. Queen Wallis of Baltimore?

成何体统

Unthinkable.

- 他能这么做吗?

- 绝对不行

- Can he do it? - Absolutely not.

不过,他是收不住了,马上事情就会一团糟

But he's going to anyway. All hell's broken loose.

他们就不能私下继续吗?

Can't they carry on privately?

要是他们愿意就好了

If only they would.

这不是留给你位子了?

Where does that leave you?

我知道我的位置!

I know my place!

我…会尽一切所能,帮我哥哥保住王位

I'll… do anything within my power to keep my brother on the throne.

这不是很现实的情况吗?你很可能当上国王

Is it that serious? Your place may be on the throne.

我无意顶替我哥哥

I am not an alternative to my brother.

- 你会比他更称职

- 说话别太过分

- You can outshine David... - Don't take liberties!

你这算谋反

That's bordering on treason.

我只是说你能做个好国王,没问题的

I'm just saying you could be King. You could do it!

这是谋反!

That is treason!

我只想让你明白,你没必要被恐惧束缚手脚

I'm trying to get you to realize you need not be governed by fear.

我受够了!

I've had enough of this!

你在怕什么?

What're you afraid of?

你恶毒的蛊惑!

Your poisonous words!

那你还来找我?

Why'd you come to me?

你可不是什么中产阶级的银行家,练练嘴皮子

You're not middle-class banker who want elocution lessons…

- 好在宴会上显摆一下

- 别插手我的公事!

- so you can chit-chat at posh tea parties? - Don't attempt to instruct me on my duties!

我的父亲是…国王

I'm the son of a… King...

我的哥哥是…国王

the brother of a King...

而你是个让人失望的酿酒师的儿子

You're the disappointing son of a brewer!

乡下过来的新手,乱给我指挥

A jumped-up jackeroo from the outback!

你是无名小卒。治疗结束!

You're nobody. These sessions are over!

您这边请

Through here sir.

花园入口,首相办公室,唐宁街号

Garden Entrance.Prime Minister's Office. Dawning Street

不单单因为她是美国人

It's not just because she's an American.

虽然这点就足够了,还因为她就要离婚两次了

That the least of it, it's because she is soon to be a twice divorced American,

国王是英格兰教会的领袖

and the King, as the head of Church of England…

不能娶一个离过婚的女人

can not marry a divorced woman.

殿下,这么说可能有点过火…

And sir, I apologize for the nature of this, but...

不过根据苏格兰场的调查

according to Scotland Yard,

辛普森太太爱的不止国王一个

the King has not always possess exclusive rights to Mrs.Simpson's favours and affections,

现在还有个已婚的卖汽车的

sharing them with a married used car salesman,

她是脚踩两条船

a certain Mr Guy Trundle.

另外,传言希特勒的大使…

In addition, it is also rumored that Hitler's ambassador,

里宾特洛甫,每天给她送支康乃馨

Count von Ribbentrop, sends her carnations every day......

如果国王陛下继续无视内阁的忠告

Should His Majesty continue to ignore the advice of His Government,

要么他自己退位,要么政府集体辞职

He must abdicate. Otherwise His Government has no choice but to resign.

首相,在这个时候把国家变成一团散沙?

Prime Minister, you'd leave the country without a… government?

究竟国王是自己随心所欲…

Does the King do what he wants,

还是承担民众赋予的职责?

or does he do what his people expect him to do?

唐宁街上的人们看着首相换了一届又一届

As crowds on Donning Street watch Ministers come and go

还是绕不开一个老难题

There raised an age-old problem.

国王能否避免私生活影响自己的职责?

Can the King separate his personal life from his public duty?

- 怎么了,爱人?

- 有个病人很让我操心

- What's the matter, love? - I'm just having trouble with a patient

- 这可不像你,怎么回事

- 他很害怕

- it isn't like you. Why - He's scared.

不相信自己的力量

Frightened of his own shadow.

所以才找你治疗啊

Isn't that why they come to you?

这人可以真正成就一番事业

可他把功夫都花到和我作对上了

This fellow could really be somebody great. He's fighting me.

可能他只想过平常人的生活

Perhaps he doesn't want to be great.

是你把想法强加给他

Perhaps that's what you want.

我说的确实有点过分了…

I might have overstepped the mark.

那就道歉,真诚的道歉

Apologize. Deep of good.

很抱歉,罗格先生,公爵现在很忙

I'm very sorry, Mr Logue,the Duke is busy

我能等他,或者我回头再来

I'm happy to wait. Or I could come back later.

我告诉过您,公爵非常忙

As I said, the Duke is terribly busy.

麻烦了

Thank you

多谢

Thank you

议会不会支持这桩婚姻

Parliament will not support the marriage.

不过反对声音也有其他的考虑

But there were other reasons for concern.

国王这么不懂法规

He was careless with state papers.

这么没有决断和献身精神

He lacked commitment and resolve.

会有人担心,当和德国开战的时候

他能否顶住压力

There were those that worried where he would stand when war with Germany.

会开战吗?

We're not coming to that?

确实如此。虽然鲍德温首相可能不承认

Indeed we are, Sir. Prime Minister Baldwin may deny this,

不过希特勒的野心昭然若揭

but Hitler's intent is crystal clear.

和德国开战势在必然

War with Germany will come,

我们需要一个强有力的国王代表我们的心声

and we will need a King we can all stand behind united.

我担心…我哥哥现在的精神状态不怎么样

I fear..my brother is of sound mind at this time

就没想过由你来承担吗?

Have you thought what you will call yourself?

我…我…

I…I…

您当然不会,德国人才这么热衷权力

Certainly not Albert, Sir. Too Germanic.

那么想想你哥哥?在你父亲死后?

What about George? After your father?

新国王乔治六世

George the sixth.

他可是完美继承了父亲的品性啊,不是么

It has rather a nice continuity to it, don't you think.

大卫!总算找到你了,你看起来精神很不好

David! Thank God. You look exhausted!

打起精神来啊

How are you bearing up?

伯蒂,我已经决定了,我离开

Bertie. The decision's been made. I'm… I'm going

我不接受,你这么做太不负责任了

I cannot accept that. You are in no condition to make that decision.

我很抱歉,没有其他的方案了

I'm afraid there's no other way.

我一定要娶她

I must marry her.

我决心已定。我…很抱歉

My mind's made up. I'm... sorry.

这可不是好消息

That's a terrible thing to hear.

对谁来说都不是。尤其对我

nobody wants that. I least of all.

我总算能说出我自己的心声了

(我于年月日签字证明)

At long last I am able to say a few words of my own.

我其实一直不想隐瞒什么

(爱德华签署于观景台城堡)

I have never wanted to withhold anything

直到现在,按照法规,我才能说出想法

But until now, it has not been constitutionally possible for me to speak.

几个小时以前,我主动解除了国王的职责

A few hours ago I discharged my last duty as King and Emperor.

现在由我的弟弟,约克公爵继位

Now that I have been succeeded by my brother, the Duke of York

我在这里,首先表达对他的忠诚

my first words must be to declare my allegiance to him.

全心全意地效忠于他

This I do with all my heart.

你们也知道我不能参加新王加冕的原因

You all know the reasons which have impelled me to renounce the throne.

不过,请你们相信

But you must believe me when I tell you

如果没有我心爱的女人支持

That I have found it impossible to carry the heavy burden of responsibility

我无法承担国王的重任

and to discharge my duties as King as I would wish to do

也更不会有勇气卸任王位

without the help and support of the woman I love...

同样,因为我对我弟弟十分了解

And I want you to know, this decision has been made less difficult to me

使我卸任时,能够宽慰一些

by the sure knowledge that my brother,

他对国家公事十分熟悉

with his long training in the public affairs of this country...

加上他的优秀品质

...and with his fine qualities...

不会让国家接下来出现动荡

...will be able to take my place forthwith without interruption

或者阻碍大英帝国的发展

or injury to the life and progress of the empire.

登基会议,年月日,圣詹姆斯宫

Accession Council.St James's Palace.th Dec,

我今天与你们相见…在…

I meet you today.. in..

…在这样的情况下…下…

in circumstances which are ..

你们肯定会喜欢的

I'm sure you'll love it.

谢谢,玛格丽特,装好马鞍

Thank you darling, saddles, Margret

好的

Yes mom.

很听话嘛

Good boy.

- 妈妈,这是威尔逊马鞍

- 谢谢

- Mama, here's the Wilson saddle - thank you

别担心,一会就喂你吃饭

Don't worry, we'll get you food in a minute

妈妈,新家里会有地方放小马吗?

Mama, will we have space for our horses in our new home?

当然,宝贝们,整个宫殿有的是房间

Of course we will, darling, we'll have a palace of rooms.

屈膝礼

Curtsey.

陛下

Your Majesty.

讲话如何?

How was it?

我试着…熟悉一下公务文件

I'm trying to… familiarise myself with what a state paper looks like.

鲍德温的急件我一个字都看不懂

A despatch from Mr Baldwin which I don't understand a word of.

这是哥哥的财务情况…

David's finances.

这是圣诞讲话

The Christmas broadcast –

我觉得还会搞砸

I think that might be a mistake.

别担心了

Don't worry about that

还有加冕礼。我觉得到时候会更出丑

Plans for the Coronation. I think that's an even bigger mistake.

我不是当国王的料

I'm not a King.

我只是个前海军军官,我就这水平

I'm a naval officer. That's all I know

我不是当国王的料,我配不上

I'm not a King, not a king.

- 我很抱歉,我很抱歉

- 别这样,亲爱的

- I'm sorry. I'm sorry. - No. Dear.

我亲爱的

Dear, dear man...

我很抱歉

I'm sorry.

其实我两次拒绝你的求婚

You know, I refused your first two marriage proposals,

不是因为我不爱你

Not because I didn't love you,

而是因为我受不了王室的生活

but because I couldn't bear the idea of a royal life

四处出访,还有公众责任

Could bear the idea of a life of tours and public duties,

我不可能再安心过自己的小日子

a life that no longer was really to be my own.

不过后来我想,他结巴的这么可爱

Then I thought...he stammers so beautifully...

大家会放过他的

they'll leave us alone.

(支持国王。上帝保佑他)

STAND BY THE KING.GOD SAVE THE KING

等待国王的道歉

Waiting for a king to apologize,

可要耐心等上很久

one can wait rather a long wait.

恐怕我们迟到了一会

I'm afraid we're slightly late.

这是我家了,我妻子去了伦敦桥

This is home. Myrtle's at bridge.

我也让孩子们出去了

I've made sure the boys are out.

很温馨嘛,非常温馨

It's lovely. Absolutely lovely.

- 我能坐下吗

- 当然

- May I sit down? - Yes, of course

需要茶水吗,夫人?

Would you like some tea, Ma'am?

我自己来吧

Yes. I'll help myself.

你们忙吧,难道还要我把你俩绑到一起不成?

Off you go now. Or must I knock your heads together?

这是你赢的赌注

Here's your shilling

我…我明白你之前的意思了,罗格

I.. understand what you were trying to say, Logue.

是我表达方式不对,很抱歉

I went about it the wrong way. I'm sorry.

我还是回来了

So here I am.

希望这个国家准备好听我两分钟的静音广播了

Is the nation ready for two minutes of radio silence?

每个病人都害怕努力半天又回到起点

Every stammer always fears they will fall back to square one.

我绝不会让这种情况出现

I don't let that happen.

如果我没能履行职责…大卫还能回来接任

If I fail in my duty... David could come back.

我看了布告了

I've seen the placards

“上帝保佑我们…国王”

God Save Our… King!”

他们指的不是我

They don't mean me.

历史上君主的继任,都是在前人过世的情况下

Every other monarch in history succeeded someone who was dead,

或者将不久于人世

Or about to be.

我的前任现在不仅活着,还活得好好的

My predecessor is not only alive, but very much so.

真是一团糟!我连圣诞讲话都做不了

Bloody mess! I can't even give them a Christmas Speech.

- 像你爸爸那样?

- 是啊

- Like your Dad used to do? - Precisely.

他已经不在了

He's not here anymore.

他还在,就在我给你的硬币上面

Yes he is. He's on that shilling I gave you.

放手…其实很容易

Easy enough to give away.

你不需要心里装着父亲的影子

You don't have to carry him around in your pocket.

或者你哥哥

Or your brother.

五岁时能够吓到你的事情已经过去了

You don't need to be afraid of things you were afraid of when you were five.

你现在已经完全自己做主了,伯蒂

You're very much your own man, Bertie.

明白

Right

以后硬币上就是你的肖像了,老兄

Your face is next, mate.

莱诺?亲爱的?

Lionel? Dear?

我妻子!

Myrtle!

- 她回来了? - 是的

- Is this your wife? - Yes.

伯蒂,你过来

Bertie, come here

- 罗格,你没事儿吧

- 没事儿

- Are you alright, Logue? - Yes.

不该出去见面吗?

Shall we go through?

相信我,这么做才行

Trust me it's important.

怎么回事?

What is it?

你……您……

Your... your...

第一次叫陛下就好

It's “Your Majesty”, the first time.

然后可以称呼“女士”,发音别发错了

After that, “Ma'am”, as in ham, not Ma'lm as in palm.

我没和她说起过你们,先坐下歇歇

I haven't told her about us. Sit down, relax.

我听说,你丈夫叫我丈夫“伯蒂”

I'm told your husband calls my husband Bertie

我丈夫叫你丈夫“莱诺”

and my husband calls your husband Lionel.

希望你不会叫我“莉丝”

(王后名字的昵称)

I trust you won't call me Liz.

陛下,您可以称呼我为罗格夫人

Your Majesty, you may call me Mrs Logue, Ma'am.

见到你很高兴,罗格夫人

Very nice to meet you, Mrs Logue

- 罗格,咱们不能整天猫在这里

- 必须这样

- Logue, we can't stay here all day. - Yes we can.

- 罗格…

- 我得等个恰当时机才行

- Logue.. - Look, I need to wait for the opportune moment.

- 你这是怕老婆

- 说的很对!

- You're being a coward! - You're damn right.

快出去,一家之主

Get out there, man!

你好啊,亲爱的老婆,你回来早了

Oh! Hello, Myrtle darling! You're early.

我相信你们已经见过面了

I believe you two have met!

不过还没见过…国王乔治六世吧?

I don't believe you know....King George VI?

见到您很高兴

It's very nice to meet you.

陛下能一起吃晚饭吗?

Will their Majesties be staying to dinner?

我们很想,这么盛情邀请,不过…

We would love to, such a treat, but alas...

我们之前有其他安排了,真是可惜

a previous engagement. What a pity.

大主教

Archbishop.

欢迎您,陛下

Welcome your Majesty.

这里改造的十分壮观

What a glorious transformation, Sir.

希望我们继续工作不会妨碍您

I hope you'll forgive us if we continue our preparations.

请允许我讲一下仪式过程

Now, allow me to guide you through the ceremony.

我们从西入口开始,然后到中间广场

We begin, of course at the West Door, then into the nave.

大主教,听说你的所有宣言都会被广播

I see all your pronouncements are to be broadcast, Archbishop.

是啊,无线电是把双刃剑

Ah, yes, wireless is indeed a Pandora's Box.

恐怕我也得批准新闻摄影机的拍摄

I'm afraid I've also had to permit the newsreel cameras.

回头我会亲自剪辑的

The product of which I shall personally edit.

肯定毫不犹豫

Without momentary hesitation.

这位是哈雷街的罗格医生

This is Dr. Logue from Harley Street.

他是我的语言矫正医生

He's… my speech therapist.

大人

Your Grace

要是我知道陛下需要协助

Had I known Your Majesty was seeking assistance

我肯定会亲自推荐人选

I would've made my own recommendation.

罗格医生需要参加加冕礼

Dr. Logue will be attending the Coronation.

我当然可以和主持牧师说一下

Well of course I shall speak to the Dean,

不过可能会很难办

but it will be extremely difficult.

我希望…医生坐在…国王的包厢中

I should like… the Doctor to be seated in the… King's Box.

可您的家人才能坐在那里,陛下

But members of your Family will be seated there, Sir.

所以他正合适

That why it's suitable.

现在,如果大人不介意的话

我们需要场地做一下排练

And now, if you don't mind, your grace we need the premises.

这位先生,这里可是威斯敏斯特教堂!

My dear fellow, this is Westminster Abbey!

教会一定要为陛下做好准备

The Church must prepare his Majesty.

我的准备同样重要

My preparations are equally important.

需要无人打扰,希望您不要介意

With complete privacy. If you don't mind.

这也是我的意思,大人

Those are my wishes, Your Grace.

那今晚我把教堂给您处置

I will place the Abbey at Your Majesty's disposal...this evening.

陛下

Your Majesty.

看,他又来了。咱们走

Look, he again. Come on.

真不敢相信我走在乔叟、亨德尔、狄更斯的墓上

(这些诗人葬在教堂的诗人角落里)

I can't believe I'm walking on Chaucer and Handel and Dickens.

准备好了?开始吧

Everything alright? Let's get cracking.

我来这儿不是彩排的,罗格“医生”

I'm not here to rehearse, "Doctor" Logue.

叫我莱诺

Call me Lionel

是啊,你是一直…

True, you never…

不叫自己医生,是我自己这么称呼的

called yourself 'Doctor'.I did that for you.

没有训练,没有文凭,没有…执照

no training, no diploma, no.. qualifications.

穷有一身的胆量

Just a great deal of nerve.

你这是来秘密审问我喽?

the star chamber inquisition, is it?

你还希望能信任你,公平对待你

You asked for trust and.. total equality.

伯蒂,我听了你在温布利的讲话

Bertie, I heard you at Wembley,

我在场

I was there.

我儿子劳里说“你不能想法帮帮这个可怜人”?

My son Laurie said “Do you think you could help that poor man?”

就凭一个失业演员?

What, as a failed actor!?

我确实不是医生,我也曾经参加表演

It's true, I'm not a doctor, and yes I acted a bit,

我以前在酒吧朗诵,在学校教书

I recited in pubs and taught elocution in schools.

战争来临时,大量前线士兵因为惊吓…

When the Great War came, our soldiers were pouring back from the front,

…回到后方了,就不再开口说话

shell-shocked and unable to speak

有人说,“莱诺,你不是对语言挺在行么”

and somebody said,"Lionel, you're very good at all this speech stuff.

“你能想法帮帮他们吗”

Do you think you could possibly help these poor buggers”.

我尝试了肌肉治疗、练习、放松

I did muscle therapy, exercise, relaxation,

不过我知道想根治还得更深入

but I knew I had to go deeper.

这些小伙子们因为恐惧哭出声来

Those poor young blokes had cried out in fear,

却没有人去用心听他们说话

and no-one was listening to them.

我的工作,是给他们说话的自信

My job was to give them faith in their voice

让他们知道,总有位朋友愿意倾听

and let them know that a friend was listening.

这不是和你的治疗很像吗,伯蒂

That must ring a few bells with you, Bertie.

你这样太拔高自己了

You give a very noble account of yourself.

你去问问,都是事实

Make inquiries. It's all true.

我都问过了!

Inquiries have been made!

你是不知道有多少人巴不得帮我打听清楚

You have no idea who I have breathing down my neck.

我为你做了担保,你却连证书…都没有

I vouched for you and you have no…credentials.

可我治疗成功了很多人!我没有证书给你看

But lots of success! I can't show you a certificate

那时也没有系统的训练机构

there was no training then.

我只是按着经验行事

All I know I know by experience,

是这场战争,给了我经验

and that war was some experience.

我的牌子上写的是“L 罗格 语言矫正”

May plaque says, ‘L.Logue, Speech Defects'.

我没有自称医生

No Dr., no letters after my name.

关我进监狱好了

Lock me in the Tower.

如果我有机会的话!

I would if I could!

什么罪名?

On what charge?

诈骗!战争迫在眉睫

Fraud! With war looming,

你让这国家的国王不能说话

you've saddle this nation with a voiceless King.

毁了我家庭的幸福

You destroyed the happiness of my family...

这都是精心诱捕一个知名病人的圈套

all for the sake of ensnaring a star patient

你不可能治好!

you couldn't possibly hope to assist!

我会像疯国王乔治三世那样…

It'll be like mad …King George the Third,

留下个结巴国王乔治的名号

there'll be…Mad King George the Stammerer,

在这样的关键时刻辜负人民的期望

who let his people down so badly in their hour of need!

你这成何体统?起来!

这不是你坐的!起来

What're you doing? Get up! You can't sit there! Get up

有什么?不过是把椅子

Why not? It's a chair.

这不是…这是…圣爱德华的椅子

No, it's not, that is… Saint Edward's Chair-

人们还往上刻名字呢!

People have carved their name into it!

这椅子上坐过所有的国王和王后

That chair is the seat on which every King and Queen

不过是块石头上的椅子

It's held in place by a large rock!

这是命运之石

That is the Stone of Scone,

- 你怎么藐视一切

- 我不在乎

- you are trivialising everything - I don't care.

我不在乎有多少王室成员的屁股坐过这里

I don't care how many Royal arses have sat in this chair-

你听我说!你听我说!

Listen to me... ! Listen to me... ! Listen to me... !

- 听你的?为什么

- Listen to you?! By what right?

我有权,你必须服从,我是国王!

My divine right, if you must! I'm your King!!!

你才不是,亲自跟我说…

Noooo you're not! Told me so yourself.

…你不想当。我干嘛要听你的?

Said you didn't want it. Why should I waste my time listening to you?

因为我有发表意见的权利!

Because I have a right to be heard!

我的声音有份量!

I HAVE A VOICE!!!

是的,你有

Yes you do.

伯蒂,你有毅力

You have such perseverance, Bertie,

你是我认识的最勇敢的人

you're the bravest man I know.

你会成为一个相当好的国王

you'll make a bloody good king.

这究竟是怎么回事,陛下?

What on earth's going on, Sir?

大主教,没事的

It's quite all right, Archbishop.

罗格先生,我已经找到了一个治疗师替换你

Mr Logue, you should know that I have found a replacement English specialist

简历无可挑剔。这里也不再需要你的服务了

with impeccable credentials. Hence, your services will no longer be required.

怎么回事?

I'm sorry?

国王可以询问或者被告知结果

Your Majesty's function is to consult and be advised.

您没询问过我,那我告诉您结果

You didn't consult, but you've just been advised.

那我告诉你:这件事上,我必须自己做主

Now I advise you: in this personal matter I will make my own decision.

我关心的是,王冠加冕在君的头上

My concern is for the head upon which I must place the crown.

我欣赏您的坦诚,大主教

I appreciate that Archbishop

可这是我的头

but it's my head!

那卑职告退

Your humble servant.

谢谢,伯蒂

Thank you Bertie.

我们排练一下?

Shall we rehearse?

来吧,坐在你位置上

Come on, up on your perch

当你和王后进入西门

Now when you and Elizabeth enter through West door,

人们会唱赞歌迎接你们:“对我说,我就欢喜”

you'll be greeted with the hymn “I Was Glad When They Said Unto Me.”

不过你们欢喜不了

You won't actually be that glad,

他们会唱上很久很久

because they sing it for a great long time.

然后你的朋友,主教大人会登上楼梯

Then your friend the Archbishop will ponce up the stairs towards you

对你说“陛下,您愿意宣誓吗?”

and say, "Sir, is Your Majesty willing to take The Oath?"

“我愿意”

I am willing”.

你当然愿意!我在后排听听效果如何

Course you are! I'll see what it sounds like from the cheap seats

得让你的老奶妈也听得到

so even your old nanny can hear.

“您愿意统治大不列颠的领土…”

Will you govern your peoples of Great Britain, Ireland,

还包含爱尔兰,加拿大,澳大利亚,新西兰,

并尊重他们的土地和习俗吗?”

Canada, Australia and New Zealand according to their lands and customs?”

“我庄严起誓,我愿意”

"I solemnly promise so do so."

大声点!后面听不到

LOUDER! I can't hear you up the back.

“我庄严起誓,我愿意!”

I SOLEMNLY PROMISE TO DO SO!”

非常好!“您愿意在所有决定中…”

Very good! "Will you to your power cause Law and Justice,

“都考虑到法律、公平和仁慈吗?”

in Mercy, to be executed in all your judgments?"

“我愿意”,“我愿意!”

"I will." “I WILL!”

然后会有人们共同努力之类的话…等等

Then a long bit about upholding the faith goes on, rubbish, rubbish

最后,你需要说…

To which you finally say...

“刚才我所承诺过的”

These things which I have here before promised,

“我会为之鞠躬尽瘁,请上帝保佑我”

I will perform and keep. So help me God.”

需要说的就这么多,简短四句话

That's all you have to say. Four short responses,

亲吻法典,签上誓言

kiss the book and sign the oath.

大功告成:你就是国王了

There you are: you're King.

很简单

Easy.

你差点把王冠戴反了,大主教

You nearly crowned him backwards Archbishop!

有人把王冠正面的线拆掉了,陛下

Someone had removed the thread marking the front of the Crown, Sir.

可别这样了,大主教

Try not lose the thread, Archbishop.

大主教,你戴偏了王冠

Archbishop, your missing Papa.

非常好,非常好,大主教

Very good, very good. Archbishop.

我希望陛下对于结果很满意

Well, I hope Your Majesties are thrilled with the result.

你可以把机器关掉了

You can switch that machine off now.

不,等等,继续放吧

No, wait, keeping going.

主教请坐

Do have a seat, Archbishop.

(希特勒)

(Hitler)

爸爸,他在说什么?

Papa, what's he saying?

听不懂,不过听起来他说得很流利

I don't know, but he seems to be saying it rather well.

陛下,我今天请求见您是要辞掉首相职务

Sir, I have asked to see you today in order to tender my resignation as Prime Minister.

鲍德温先生,我很遗憾

I am so sorry to hear that, Mr Baldwin.

张伯伦会接替我的首相职务

Neville Chamberlain will take my place as Prime Minister.

是原则问题,我之前的判断失误

It's a matter of principal. I was mistaken.

我仍然难以相信…

I have found it impossible to believe that

世界上会有希特勒这样没有道德感的人

there is any man in the World so lacking in moral feeling as Hitler,

整个世界可能会卷进第二次战争的漩涡

but the world might be hurled for a second time into the abyss of destructive War.

丘吉尔是对的,希特勒一直有这个野心

Churchill was right all along. This was always Hitler's intention.

我只是觉得,在这样的危机关头辞职

I am only sorry to leave you in this great time of crisis.

我深感遗憾,我担心

I am very much afraid Sir,

对您的最大考验,即将到来

That your greatest test is yet to come.

我是在唐宁街号的内阁会议发来报道

(年月日)

I am speaking to you from the cabinet room of Downing Street.(rd,Sep,)

今天早上,在柏林的英国大使

向德国政府发出最后通牒

This morning the British Ambassador in Berlin handed the German Government

如果我们不在点之前收到答复

a final note stating that unless we heard from them by o'clock

如果德国不立即从波兰撤军的话

that they were prepared at once to withdraw their troops from Poland,

英国将对德国宣战

a state of war would exist between us.

我们现在没有接到德国的通知

I have to tell you now that no such undertaking has been received,

这意味着英国对德国正式宣战

and that consequently this country is at war with Germany.

总算好了,这是您的演讲,点钟直播

At last. Sir, here's your speech. You are on air at six.

演讲大概需要分钟

I've timed it to just under nine minutes.

稿子已经经过了审核

The wording is fully approved.

首相也会在广播节目中和您一起出席

The Prime Minister will be joining you for the broadcast

讲话会对整个大英帝国广播

which will go out live across to the Nation,

我们的武装部队也能收到

the Empire and to our Armed Forces.

马上请罗格过来

Get Logue here immediately.

吸引火力用的气球

there are the barrage balloons.

是啊,很快就升起来了

Yes, they got them up there quickly.

我们要不停车躲一下?

Should we pull over and find shelter?

不,继续往前开,别担心

No, go straight there. We'll be alright.

- 您好

- 我是莱诺·罗格,哈丁少校找我

- Yes sir? - Lionel Logue, Major Harding is expecting me

这是我儿子劳里

This is my son Laurie

- 谢谢,劳里

- 祝你好运,爸爸

- Thank you Laurie -Good luck dad

- 国王的演讲,还有分钟的时间

- 谢谢

- The King's speech, we have about minutes to the broadcast - Thank you

非常感谢,谢谢

Thank you very much. Thank you

“黑暗的日子即将来临…”

"There may be dark days ahead,and..."

再来

Try again.

“黑暗的日子即将来临,战…”

There may be dark days ahead, andw-... ”

把犹豫变成语气停顿,心里默念

Turn the hesitations into pauses, and say to yourself,

“上帝保佑国王”

God save the King”.

我一直这么说,看起来没人听啊

I say that continually, but apparently no one's listening.

长时间的停顿很不错,在这样的场合更显得庄重

Long pauses are good: they add solemnity to great occasions.

那我就是历史上最庄重的国王了

Then I'm the solemnest king who ever lived.

如果我是…国王,那我有什么权力?

If I am a..King...where is my power?

我能组建政府吗?

Can I form a Government,

提高税收,或者发动战争?

Can I levy a tax or declare a war?

不行!可我还是要出面坐头把交椅

No! Yet I am the seat of all authority.

为什么?因为整个国家相信…

Why? Because the Nation believes when I speak,

我的声音代表着他们。可我说不出来!

I speak for them. Yet I cannot speak!

我们从头再来一遍,“在这样的严峻时刻”

Let's take it all again from the top. "In this grave hour..."

“在这样的严峻时刻,操操操”

In this grave hour fuck fuck fuck

可能是历史上最紧要的…

perhaps the most fateful in our

…关头,混蛋,妈的

history bugger shit shit

我为每个家庭的人…

I send to every household of my p-p-

我唱歌的时候都发不好P这个音

The ‘P' is always difficult even when I'm singing

那就利用a的发音跳过去

Bounce onto it 'a-peoples'

不论是国内还是海外…

a-peoples both at home and overseas,...”

很不错

Beautiful.

“这消息,啦啦啦啦”

... this message, doo-dah, doodah....

我和你们一样怀着深情…啦啦

spoken with the same depth of feeling...doodah

带给我全部的子民们,操,妈的,混蛋

for each one of you as if I able to fuck shit bugger

跨过家家的门槛,带来我的…

cross your threshold and speak to you m-my - ...”

脑子现在想:“我有发言权”

In your head, now: “I have a right to be bloody well heard!”

发什么言,发什么言

Bloody well heard, bloody well heard,

除了我自己谁在听

bloody well heard myself!

现在是华尔兹舞,动起来,连续运动

Now Waltz. Move! Get continuous movement.

“这是我们大部分人第二次…”

For the second time in the lives of most of us we are at wa - ...”

暂停…“我们…”再暂停

Pause. “we are...” Take a pause.

这我做不成

I can't do this.

伯蒂,你能行的,看看最后一个自然段

Bertie, you can do it. Have a look at the last paragraph.

伯蒂,时间到了

Bertie...it's time.

- 大主教

- 陛下

- Archbishop - Your Majesty

载入历史的时刻,陛下

A great moment, sir.

- 首相

- 陛下

- Prime Minister. - Your Majesty

很高兴能这么快再次见面

Nice to see you again, so soon.

你能来…很好。相信你们今天都很忙

Good.. of you to be here, I'm sure you've had rather a busy day.

希望我们不会受到空袭警报的影响

Let's hope we have no more interruptions from those damned sirens, Sir.

或者这些可怜的小狗

Or the wretched dogs.

- 恭喜,新任海军大臣

- 陛下

- Congratulations. First Lord of the Admiralty. - Your Majesty.

还得走上一段路

The long walk.

祝您好运。我也担心过发音问题

Good luck, Sir. I too dread this...apparatus.

我也结巴

Had a speech impediment myself, you know.

- 这我可真不知道

- 家族秘密了,说话结巴

- I didn't. - Family secret. Tongue-tied.

做手术的话风险太大

An operation was considered too dangerous.

最后终于把这种嗓音变成我的个人特色

I eventually made an asset of it.

- 谢谢,丘吉尔先生

- 陛下

- Thank you, Mr Churchill. - Sir.

亲爱的

Darling

还需要多久?

How long, Logue?

还要分钟

Just under three minutes, Sir.

(,,试音,,)

(,,,check,,)

伍德先生

Mr Wood.

祝您好运,陛下

Good luck, Your Majesty.

伍德先生

Mr Wood.

- 你重新布置了这里,罗格

- 让环境舒服些

- You've redecorated, Logue. - I made it cozy.

来点新鲜空气

Some fresh air.

好了,亲爱的

There you are, darling.

我筛选蓟草,我有个筛好蓟草的筛子

(绕口令)

I am thistle sifter, I have a sieve of sifted thistles

我有个没筛好蓟草的筛子

and a sieve on unsifted thistles..

我筛选蓟草,我有个筛好蓟草的筛子

I am thistle sifter, I have a sieve of sifted thistles

伯蒂,宝贝,确定麦克风没开吧

Bertie, darling, make sure it's not switched on!

记住,红灯闪烁下之后,我会让人灭掉灯

Remember the red light will blink four times and then I've asked them to turn it off,

免得有个鬼眼似的东西老盯着你

because we don't want that evil eye staring at you all the way through.

还有分钟

One minute, sir.

肯定会有出色的表现

I am sure you will be splendid.

还有秒

second, sir

罗格,不管演讲结果怎样

Logue, however this turns out,

我都不知道该怎么回报你的帮助

I don't know how to thank you for what you've done.

奖个爵位?

Knighthood?

Twenty seconds.

排除杂念,只想着说给我听

Forget everything else and just say it to me.

说给我这个朋友听

Say it to me, as a friend.

在这样严峻的时刻,可能是国家存亡的紧要关头

In this grave hour, perhaps the most fateful in our history,

我向领土上的所有子民

I send to every household of my peoples,

不论是国内或是海外

both at home and overseas

传达这份消息

this message

我和你们一样,百感交集

spoken with the same depth of feeling for each one of you

只希望我能挨家挨户亲自向你们诉说

as if I were able to cross your threshold and speak to you myself.

我们大部分人,都是第二次经历战争的洗礼

For the second time in the lives of most of us we are at war.

不止一次,我们尝试过寻求和平之道

Over and over again we have tried to find a peaceful way out

求同存异,化敌为友

of the differences between ourselves and those who are now our enemies.

然而徒劳无功。我们被迫卷入了一场战争

But it has been in vain. We have been forced into a conflict.

我们所面临的,是一个邪恶信念的挑战

For we are called, to meet the challenge of a principle which,

如果敌方取胜,世界的文明秩序将毁于一旦

if it were to prevail, would be fatal to any civilized order in the world.

这样的信念,剥去伪装的外衣

Such a principle, stripped of all disguise,

只是赤裸裸的权力追求

is surely the mere primitive doctrine that might is right.

为了捍卫凝聚起我们的所有

For the sake of all that we ourselves hold dear,

我们无法想象去逃避这样的挑战

it is unthinkable that we should refuse to meet the challenge.

为了如此崇高目标,我呼吁国内的民众

It is to this high purpose that I now call my people at home

海外的子民们,万众一心

and my peoples across the seas, who will make our cause their own.

我希望你们能冷静坚定,在时间的历练中团结向前

I ask them to stand calm and firm, and united in this time of trial.

任务将会困难重重,前路可能乌云密布

The task will be hard. There may be dark days ahead,

战场将不再局限于前线阵地。

and war can no longer be confined to the battlefield.

只有掌握真知才能正确行事

But we can only do the right as we see the right

在此我们虔诚的向上帝承诺

and reverently commit our cause to God.

如果我们大家坚定信念

If one and all we keep resolutely faithful to it,

上帝会保佑,我们必将获胜

then, with God's help, we shall prevail.

说的非常棒,伯蒂

That was very good, Bertie.

不过发w这音还是会结巴

You still stammered on the “w”.

不能太流利了,免得怀疑是替身

Had to throw in a few so they knew it was me.

祝贺您,陛下,专业的播音员水准

Congratulations, your Majesty. A true broadcaster.

谢谢,伍德先生

Thank you, Mr Wood.

恭喜陛下

Congratulations, your Majesty.

恭喜陛下

Congratulations, your Majesty.

谢谢

Thank you.

- 准备?

-

- Ready? - Good

非常好

Perfect

你的第一次战时演讲,祝贺你

Your first war time speech. Congratulation.

以后的演讲少不了

Expect I shall have to do a great deal more.

谢谢,罗格

Thank you, Logue.

做得好,我的老兄

Well done. My friend.

谢谢您,陛下

Thank you... Your Majesty.

我就知道你没问题

I knew you'd be good.

谢谢你…

Thank you...

莱诺

...Lionel. (first time call Lionel)

去阳台?

Onwards?

恭喜陛下

Congratulations, Sir

我自叹不如

Couldn't have said it better myself, Sir

陛下,您让我哑口无言

Your Majesty, I'm speechless.

祝贺您,陛下

Congratulations, Sir

先生们

Gentlemen.

爸爸表现如何,伊丽莎白?

So how was Papa, Elizabeth?

开头停了会,不过后面好的多

Halting at first, but you got much better Papa.

上帝保佑你

Bless you.

你觉得呢,玛格丽特?

And how about you, Margret?

你很了不起,爸爸

You were just splendid, Papa.

是很惊人

Of course I was.

你们都准备好了?

You're all ready?

过来吧,孩子们

Come on girls.

乔治六世在年

King George VI made Lionel Logue

授予莱诺 维多利亚三等勋章

a Commander of the Royal Victorian Order in .

这份国王的感恩之情也开创了先例

This high honour from a grateful King made Lionel part of

这是唯一一枚为王室服务的特别骑士勋章

the only order of chivalry that specifically rewards acts of personal service to the Monarch.

国王在战争中的每次演讲,都有莱诺陪在身边

Lionel was with the King for every wartime speech.

这些广播,使乔治六世成为了英国抵抗精神的代言人

Through his broadcasts, George VI became a symbol of national resistance.

莱诺和伯蒂在余生中一直维持着亲密的友谊

Lionel and Bertie remained friends for the rest of their lives.

双字幕: 李卖扣 后期: 李卖扣 鸣谢听译:ace_u, aceusub@.com

本文来源:https://www.2haoxitong.net/k/doc/aa6bb94b852458fb770b56c1.html

《国王的演讲(中英字幕)(DOC 51页)适合英语学习者.doc》
将本文的Word文档下载到电脑,方便收藏和打印
推荐度:
点击下载文档

文档为doc格式