别对我说谎第二季英文剧本台词LIE TO ME07

发布时间:2011-10-11 23:27:14   来源:文档文库   
字号:

Lie To Me学英语 第二季7: Black Friday

-Reporter: It's black Friday, the post-Thanksgiving kick-off into the holiday shoppingseason.

thanksgiving: 感恩节 kick-off: 项目正式启动 shopping season: 购物季 post-: 在…之后

今天是黑色星期五感恩节后假日购物旺季正式开始

And retailers are advertising even deeper discounts this year, trying to lurecash-strapped consumers.

retailers: 零售商 advertising: 为…做广告 deeper: 更深 discount: 折扣 lure: 引诱诱惑 cash: 现金 strapped: 用皮绳捆住的 consumer: 顾客

零售商们今年也比以往打了更多的折扣试图吸引怀揣大量现金的顾客们

-Security: All managers to their departments.

department: 部门部位

所有经理就位

All managers to their departments.

manager: 经理

所有经理就位

-Worker: All right, who wants to save some money?

来吧谁想省点钱

-Security: Doors' opening in 5 minutes.

5分钟后开门

-Father: Where is it?

在哪呢

-Daughter: Maybe your wallet's in the car?

wallet: 钱包

也许你的钱包在车里

-Father: I swear, it was in my jacket.

swear: 宣誓发誓 jacket: 夹克

我发誓我把它放到夹克里了

Save our place.

占好位置

Excuse me.

不好意思

Pardon me.

pardon: 原谅

不好意思

-Worker: All right, when I say "Digital", you say "Corner".

digital: 数码的 corner: 角落地区

好勒我说 "数码" 的时候你们说 "广场"

Digital!

数码

-Crowd: Corner!

广场

-Worker: Digital!

数码

-Crowd: Corner!

广场

-Worker: Digital!

数码

-Crowd: Corner!

广场

-Waylon: For an extra 100, how can we not go with the 50 inch?

extra: 额外的

又降了100 为什么我们不买50寸的

-Delisha: How about an "Excuse me", bitch?

是不是该说句对不起婊子

-Security: Open the doors! Open the doors, dammit!

dammit: 该死真他妈的

开门 快开门该死

-Gill: Did calculus get harder since we took it?

calculus: 微积分学

我们学过以后微积分就变难了

-Cal: That's what I said.

我就是这意思

-Emily: That's all right; I'll just figure it out myself.

figure out: 搞定搞明白

没事我会自己搞定

I mean, you'd think with the intellectual stock I come from, though.

intellectual: 智力的聪明的 stock: 股票资本

我说是尽管你知道我的智商遗传自谁

-Gill: Apples always fall further from the tree than you think.

你无法想像青出于蓝更胜于蓝(你不要妄自菲薄)

-Cal: There's something to be grateful for, right?

be grateful for: 对…心存感恩

总有些要感恩的对吧

-Gill: How was Thanksgiving?

感恩节怎么样

-Emily: Oh, you know, dad lectured...

lecture: 演讲说教

哦你知道老爸又说教

-Cal: I did not lecture.

我没有说教吧

-Emily: Mom fretted.

fret: 烦躁的

老妈焦虑不安

-Cal: I didn't lecture.

我没说教

-Emily: So much to be thankful for.

太需要感恩了

-Emily: I mean, don't you think I'm getting a little old for make-believe family holidays?

make-believe: 虚假的

我是说你不觉得我这么大了不用搞这么虚的家庭假日来忽悠我么

-Cal: Well, that's how your mom likes it, love.

呃你妈妈喜欢这样亲爱的

-Gill: Heh. You're a little odd.

odd: 古怪的奇特的

嘿你有点奇怪

-Cal: Why?

为什么

-Gill: The apron.

apron: 围裙

穿着围裙啊

-Cal: I think it's becoming.

现在是有点

-Emily: Hey, uh, dad, Gill, This is Max Roland.

嘿啊爸 Gill这是Max Roland

Apparently he's 16 and a big fan of your book.

apparently: 显然地 fan: 迷爱好者

显然他16岁而且是你的书迷

-Cal: Over here. You! He is a complete stranger.

complete: 完全 stranger: 陌生者

你站过来他来路不明

You should know, bear.

你应该明白宝贝

My address isn't listed. How'd you find me?

address: 地址 listed: 登记列出

我的地址书上没有你怎么找到我的

-Max: Online.

online: 网上

网上

I just need half an hour of your time, Dr. Lightman.

Lightman博士我只需要你半个小时的时间

-Cal: You got 2 minutes.

给你2分钟

-Max: My parents have lied to me my whole life about who I am.

关于我的出生我父母一直都骗我

I'm not their kid.

kid: 孩子

我不是他们的孩子

-Cal: Who are you, then?

那你是谁

-Max: This kid. James Knox.

这个孩子 James Knox

-Gill: The James Knox?

那个James Knox

-Emily: Well, how do you know you're him?

嗯那你怎么知道你是他

-Max: Look at the scar.

scar: 伤痕创伤

看这道疤

James Knox has one just like it.

James Knox有个一摸一样的

-Cal: We've all got scars. You want to see mine?

人都有伤疤你要看看我的么

-Max: Look.

I took a DNA sample from my parents.

sample: 抽样检查

我做了一个和我父母的基因比对

All right, I'm not a match.

march: 匹配

是的我和他们不一样

Their story of how I was born, it doesn't make sense.

make sense: 讲得通言之有理

他们告诉我出生的事情一点都不和情理

I can't spend another Christmas with people who might have stolen me.

我不能和也许是偷了我的人再过一个圣诞节了

Please.

求你了

I have $500.

我有500美元

This is all I have to pay you.

这是我所有财产都给你

Will you talk to my parents?

你能和我父母谈谈么

I have to know the truth.

我必须知道真相

-Cal: You want a sandwich?

sandwich: 三明治

你要个三明治么

-Gill: If he really is James Knox, Hes in a very difficult spot, psychologically.

spot: 污点 psychologically: 心理学上地心理上地

如果他真是James Knox 心理上一定很难受

We need to handle this carefully.

handle: 处理

我们必须小心处理

-Cal: Well, don't we always?

呃我们不是一直都很小心

-Gill: I can't believe you took his money.

我不敢相信你收了他的钱

-Cal: Well, he wanted me to take him seriously.

seriously: 认真地

嗯他希望我能够重视他

I am.

我很重视

-Mr. Roland: Who holds interviews on a holiday weekend?

interview: 访谈面试

谁在假期里的周末搞什么访谈

-Mrs. Roland: Look, Max really wants this. Be patient.

Be patient: 要有耐心

Max很期待耐心点

-Cal: Hey. - Hey.

嘿嘿

-Max: Ready to interview my parents? They're getting anxiety.

anxiety: 焦虑挂念

准备好问我父母了么 他们有点坐不住了

-Cal: I'm not gonna interview your parents, you are.

gonna=going to

不是我要去问是你去问

-Max: I thought you said you were gonna help me.

我以为你说过会帮我

-Cal: No, look. If you want to know the truth, you ask the questions, all right?

是的不过如果你想知道真相你要自己去问他们好么

So no "yes or no" phrasing.

phrasing: 措辞短语

不要用 "是或者不是" 之类的问法

And look at me. Look at me.

看着我看着我

Don't back down.

back down: 退后

不要退缩

-Gill: Max, you don't have to do this.

Max 你可以不去

-Max: It said in your book, the best interrogations are when you can watch, you don't haveto ask the questions.

interrogation: 审问讯问

你书上写过最好的审问是你不需要提问只需观察就可以了

I want the best.

我要最好的

-Cal: All right, well, that's what you paid for.

pay for: 支付

当然那是你付了钱的

-Max: Hey, uh, it'll just be a few more minutes.

嘿啊只要一小会

They're in with some of the other nominees. So...

nominees: 候选人

他们还在和其他候选人谈所以…

-Mrs. Roland: You look nervous.

nervous: 紧张的

你看上去有点紧张

What's wrong?

怎么了

-Max: Look, I know I'm not your son. Who am I?

恩我知道我不是你们的儿子我是谁

-Mr. Roland: Oh!

-Mrs. Roland: This again? Max, not here.

又来 Max 别在这儿说这个

-Max: There are no pictures of me as a newborn.

newborn: 新生儿新生的

我刚出生的时候的一张照片都没有

It doesn't make any sense.

make any sense: 说不通没意思

这完全说不通

-Mr. Roland: You were born in Ecuador.

Ecuador: 厄瓜多尔

你在厄瓜多尔出生的

Mom had you premature. We've told you all this.

premature: 早产的比预期早的

你妈生你的时候早产了我们告诉过你

-Max: You went to Ecuador pregnant?

pregnant: 怀孕

你怀孕的时候去厄瓜多尔

I'm sorry, but that doesn't sound like something

对不起但那不像一个聪明的妈妈

A smart mom would do.

smart: 聪明的

的所作所为

-Mrs. Roland: I think I know better than you

我觉得我比你更知道

What a mother would and wouldn't do.

一个母亲该做什么不该做什么

-Gill: He said "Mom", she said "Mother".

他说 "妈妈" 而她说 "母亲"

Distancing language.

distance: 疏远

疏远性语言

-Cal: Yeah.

是的

-Max: I ordered a DNA test online.

order: 预定 test: 测试 online: 网上

我在网上订了个基因比较

I took hairs from your brushes.

brushes: 刷子梳子

我从你们的梳子上取了头发

I just got the results back.

我刚拿到结果

I'm not related to either of you.

related to: 有关

我和你们都没有血缘关系

-Cal: Nice fear on both of them.

fear: 恐惧害怕

两个人都有明显的恐惧

-Mr. Roland: Max, what the hell is going on?

what the hell: (表示不在乎无可奈何气恼不耐烦等)究竟到底

Max 究竟怎么了

What is this?

怎么回事

-Gillian: Mr. and Mrs. Roland, I'm Gillian Foster.

Roland先生太太我是 Gillian Foster

I'm a psychologist with the Lightman Group.

psychologist: 心理学家心理学者

我是Lightman团队的心理学家

-Mrs. Roland: What is this place?

这是什么地方

-Max: Max came to us. He needs our help.

Max找到我们他需要我们帮他

-Mr. Roland: Max, we're leaving.

Max 我们走

-Max: Dr. Lightman, they're lying, right?

Lightman博士他们在撒谎对么

They're lying.

他们在撒谎

-Mr. Roland: Max, now.

Max

-Max: Go.

去吧

-Gill: You may have just sent him home with his abductors.

abductor: 诱拐者

也许你刚让他和诱拐他的人一起回家了

-Cal: Where's Reynolds?

Reynolds去哪儿了

-Gill: Still in South Carolina.

还在南卡罗来纳

-Cal: Well, that's one problem solved.

solve: 解决

呃那个问题解决了

The other one's the cops.

cops: 警察

这个我们可以找警察

-Gill: We can't call them.

我们不能叫警察

If the cops or press or F.B.I Get wind that someone who may be James Knox surfaced,

press: 新闻 FBI: Federal Bureau of Investigation 联邦调查局 surface: 浮出表面

如果警察媒体或者联邦调查局得到风声一个可能是James Knox的人出现了

I mean, the vultures will pick Max to pieces.

vultures: 秃鹫 pick: 撕开

我的意思是那些贪婪的人会把他撕成碎片

We have to protect him.

我们得保护他

And we have to talk to the Knoxes.

而且我们得和Knox夫妇谈谈

What?

怎么了

-Cal: Finally got you thinking like a criminal Wonders will never cease.

finally: 最终 criminal: 犯罪的刑事的 wonders: 惊奇奇观 cease: 停止

你终于认为这是一起罪案了惊奇连连不断

-Gill: If this thing goes south, youre putting up my bail.

go south: (俚语)(偷窃某物后)卷逃 put up: 支出 bail: 保释金

如果这事搞砸了你来支付保释金

-Loker: Michigan 2005.

密西根州 2005

Shoppers burst through the doors of a major retail chain 'Causing multiple injuries.

burst through: 拨开闯进 major: 主要的 retail chain: 连锁店零售商店 multiple: 许多的 injury: 伤害

顾客冲进了一家大型连锁店的门引发了多起伤害

India 2008.

印度 2008

Rumors of a landslide at a Hindu temple cause panic.

rumors: 谣言 landslide: 塌方山崩 Hindu: 印度的印度人的 temple: 寺庙 panic: 恐慌的

印度教神庙塌方的谣传引起了恐慌

About 140 people lose their lives trying to escape.

escape: 逃亡

140人在逃亡时丧命

Los Angeles.

洛杉矶

Lakers fans celebrate a championship by looting and rioting.

Lakers: 湖人队 fans: 狂热者 championship: 锦标赛冠军赛 loot: 抢劫 riot: 暴乱骚乱

湖人队的粉丝们用骚乱和抢劫来庆祝胜利

About a million dollars worth of property damage to local businesses.

property damage: 财产损失 local: 当地的

给当地商店带来了将近100万美元的财物损失

In every example, the violence was instigated by someone in the crowd.

violence: 暴力 instigate: 怂恿教唆 crowd: 人群

在每起事件当中暴力都是被人群当中的某些人挑起的

-Mr. Bernardo: What are you proposing, Mr. Loker?

propose: 建议打算

你想说明什么 Loker先生

-Loker: 2 of your customers died.

customer: 顾客

你的2名顾客死亡

Dozens were injured.

dozens: 许多的

数十人受伤

People are looking for a scapegoat, and digital corner's an easy target.

scapegoat: 替罪羊

人们在找替罪羊digital: 数码的 target: 靶目标

很容易想到数码广场

What if I could prove your company wasn't at fault?

prove: 证明 at fault: 有责任

如果我能证明你的公司没有责任会怎样

-Mr. Bernardo: Cases like this turn on comparative negligence.

comparative: 比较的相对的 negligence: 粗心大意忽视

这种案件可以看作相对过失

If the stampede was crowd induced,

stampede: 人群的蜂拥 induced: 引诱

如果踏踩事件是由人群引发的

It would reduce the settlement considerably.

settlement 解决处理 considerably: 相当地非常地

会在很大程度上减少赔偿额

-Loker: This is the raw feed from channel 3.

raw: 未加工的 feed: 原料 channel: 频道

这是来自第三频道的原片

Notice the dad showing his boys how to lock arms

lock: 紧紧搂住

注意那个父亲他正教孩子们手挽手

And form a phalanx.

phalanx: 方阵

组成方阵

-Mr. Bernardo: They... What, they expected violence?

expect: 预料 violence: 暴力激烈

他们…什么他们预计到了骚乱

-Loker: Well, convergence theory says that if crowds act aggressively,

convergence theory: 趋同论 aggressively: 侵略地攻击地

好吧趋同论解释说挑衅行为

Its because people bring an aggressive mindset to it.

aggressive: 好斗的侵略的 mindset: 心态倾向

源自于挑衅情绪

And in the close-ups, you can see their faces.

close-up: 特写镜头

通过特写镜头你可以看见他们的脸

They're identical to those of athletes during competition.

be identical to : 与…一样 athletes: 运动员 competition: 竞赛

他们和在比赛当中的运动员一样

This crowd was a powder keg and somebody in it was the spark.

power keg: 炸药桶 spark: 火花

这群人就像火药桶而当中的某人就是火花

-Mr. Bernardo: Maybe so, but we can't have our name dragged through the press duringour busy shopping season.

drag: 拖拉 press: 新闻界

可能就像你说的那样但我们不能让媒体挖出我们公司的名字尤其在我们的销售旺季

We're planning on settling first thing Monday morning.

我们计划周一一大早就搞定

How much are you expecting to pay out?

pay out: 付现金

你们打算出多少钱

-Mr. Bernardo: 20 million give or take.

give or take: 增减……而无大变化;允许有小误差

两千万左右

-Loker: Give me a few days to prove my thesis before your settle.

thesis: 论点论文 settle: 解决

你们行动之前给我几天时间来证明我的论断

If I can trace the stampede to somebody in the crowd,

trace: 追踪查探 stampede: 人群的蜂拥 crowd: 人群

如果我能找到引起踩踏的那个人

The Lightman Group gets 10% of what you save.

你们省下的资金的10%Lightman团队所有

-Mr. Bernardo: You save us 10 million, you earn one.

你替我们节省一千万你赚一百万

-Loker: And if you pay the full 20, we don't see a dime.

dime: 一角硬币

如果你们支付了所有万我们一分钱也得不到

-Cal: Hey, how'd it go with the suits?

suits: 讼案

嘿案子怎样了

-Loker: Well, We got the job. Where were you?

好吧这活儿归我们了你刚去哪了

-Cal: None of your bloody business.

bloody:

不关你的事

I figured you were up to it, so.

figure: 猜想 be up to : 胜任

我想你能胜任这事所以

It's probably a gross overestimation on my part.

probably: 可能 gross: 总额总数 overestimation: 过高的估计

对我而言这是很高的评价了

-Loker: I appreciate the confidence boost.

appreciate: 感激 confidence: 信心 boost: 推动宣扬

我感谢你给我打气

-Cal: Well, selling's the easy part.

selling: 推销销售

好吧推销很容易

It's delivering, that's the trick.

delivering: 送货 trick: 有诀窍的

送货这才是真功夫

And that's what you promised.

这是你承诺过的

So you and Torres are on your own.

on your own: 独立的

所以你和Torres要靠自己

Think you're up for it?

be up for: 准备好

你能做到吗

-Loker: I've read every major study on group behavior cover to cover.

behavior: 行为 cover to cover: 完整收录

我完整读过了有关群体行为的主要研究

This is my wheelhouse.

wheelhouse: 驾驶室【这里指特长】

这是我的专长

-Cal: Fascinating.

fascinating: 极好的

很好

Well, time will tell.

好吧时间会证明一切的

-Loker: Any more words or inspiration?

inspiration: 鼓舞

还有什么要说的或指示吗

-Cal: Yeah. We need the money. And don't embarrass me.

embarrass: 使局促不安阻碍

是我们需要那笔钱别让我失望

-Mr. Knox: You found James? After all these years?

你找到James 这么多年以后

-Gill: Mr. and Mrs. Knox,

Knox先生和太太

We don't want you to get your hopes up,

我们不想让你们重燃希望

But we would like to do a DNA test

但我们想做一次DNA检测

Just to confirm things one way or another.

confirm: 确认证实

只是想设法确认一些事

-Mr. Knox: The scar's from the same type of operation, though, right?

scar: 疤痕 operation: 手术

这是同一种手术留下的疤痕是吗

Do you have a picture?

有照片吗

-Cal: Oh, sorry.

哦抱歉

It was taken this morning.

今天早晨照的

-Mr. Knox: He's got your chin.

chin:下巴

他的下巴跟你的一样

-Gill: This must be overwhelming.

overwhelming: 压倒性的势不可挡的

这可能很难接受

-Mrs. Knox: No, it's just I'm... I'm shocked that we might be able to find James.

不只是我…我很震惊我们还能找到James

-Cal: I got a question for you.

我有个问题

Do you... either of you, do you remember, was it overcast

overcast: 阴暗的阴天的

你…你们当中的任何一个你是否记得你儿子被拐走的那天

The day that your son was abducted?

abduct: 诱拐绑架

是否阴天

Do you remember?

记得吗

-Mr. Knox: its 16 years ago.

那是16年以前

-Mrs. Knox: I think it was overcast.

我想是阴天

It definitely was.

definitely: 明确地肯定地

绝对是

-Cal: It was?

是吗

I think you're lying, Mrs. Knox.

lying: 说谎

我想你在说谎 Knox太太

-Gill: When people are telling the truth, they don't feel the need to recall small detailsmany years later.

details: 细节

当人们在诉说真相的时候他们不需要回忆多年前的细枝末节

-Cal: You're ashamed of something.

be ashamed of: 为…感到羞愧

你为某事感到羞愧

What are you ashamed of?

你为什么感到羞愧

-Mr. Knox: What are you talking about?

你在说什么

-Cal: What is it? What is it?

什么事 什么事

Is your son still alive?

是你的儿子依然活着

What happened to James, Mrs. Knox?

James身上发生了什么 Knox太太

Or did you murder him? Did you murder him?

murder: 谋杀

或者是你谋杀了他 你谋杀了他

-Mr. Knox: Of course not.

当然没有

-Cal: Did you murder him?

你谋杀了他

Did you kill him?

你杀死了他

-Mr. Knox: What the hell is wrong with you people? She didn't kill him.

the hell: 到底

你们这帮人到底怎么了 她没有杀他

-Cal: Did you kill him?

你杀死了他

-Mrs. Knox: No.

没有

-Cal: Did you kill your son?

你杀死了你的儿子

Did you torture him before you killed him?

torture: 折磨拷问

你在杀死他之前是否虐待过他

Did you make him suffer?

suffer: 忍受经历

你让他受煎熬了吗

-Mrs. Knox: No, it was an accident!

没有那是个意外

-Mr. Knox: What?

什么

-Mrs. Knox: I went into the kitchen while the bath was running.

我…在他洗澡时我去了厨房

I don't know how...

不知道怎的…

He had drowned.

drowned: 淹没淹死

他淹死了

I was going right back.

我刚好回来

Robbie, Robbie, I didn't mean to.

Robbie Robbie 我不是故意的

I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.

对不起真的对不起

I didn't want you to hate me.

我不想让你恨我

-Max: Maybe they're lying.

也许他们在说谎

They're telling the truth to the police right now.

他们正在把真相告诉警察

If I'm not James Knox...

如果我不是James Knox

Who am I?

我是谁

-Gill: You're the same person you were yesterday

你还是昨天的你

And the day before, Max.

以前的你

-Max: Don't call me that, all right.

别那么叫我好吗

I'm someone else.

我不是他

-Cal: Well, what do you want to be called, then?

好吧那么你想被怎么称呼

Who do you want to be? You want to be, uh, Johnny?

你想成为谁 你想成为呃 Johnny

You want to be a Paul? Do you want to be a Steve?

你想成为Paul 你想成为Steve

You want to be a Sid? You know, you look like a Steve to me.

你想成为Sid 你知道你对我来说像Steve

All of these are boys around your age that were abducted when they were babies orwhen they were kids.

abduct: 诱拐绑架

他们都跟你年纪相仿他们在还是婴儿的时候就被拐走或是当他们还是孩子的时候

Which one do you think is you?

你觉得哪个是你

-Max: I'm never gonna find out who I am.

Gonna=going to

我永远也无法找出我是谁

Right, that's what you're trying to say?

没错这就是你想说的

-Cal: No, you know, you're a crap listener, boy.

crap: 废物

不你耳朵有问题孩子

Really, pay attention, right.

pay attention: 专心集中注意力

真的用心点好吗

What I'm saying is I'm in.

我是说我在跟进

Are you?

你呢

Think carefully before you answer that because if we do go down this rabbit hole,

rabbit: 兔子

想好再回答因为如果我们真钻进兔子洞(出自爱丽丝漫游奇遇记指神秘不可知的世界)

There's no telling what's gonna bite you.

bite:

就无法预知什么东西会咬你一口

-Max: I'm in.

我加入

-Cal: He's in.

他加入了

-Mr. Roland: Max, you have to let this go.

Max 你必须忘掉此事

-Cal: He's not gonna.

他不会的

I mean, why should he?

我是说为什么要他忘记

If he's not your son,

如果他不是你的儿子

He should know why you've kept it from him.

他有权知道你们为什么不告诉他

I mean, either you've got a good reason

我是说不论你们有充分理由

Or you're monsters who stole someone else's baby.

monster: 魔鬼怪物

还是是偷小孩的怪物

-Mrs. Roland: That's ridiculous.

ridiculous: 荒谬的

太荒谬了

-Cal: Is it?

是吗

Want to see if the cops agree with you?

cops: 警察

想知道警察是否同意你们吗

-Gill: I know you both love Max deeply.

deeply: 深深地

我知道你们都很爱Max

And you would never want to hurt him.

当然更不愿伤害他

But you are. He's in a lot of pain.

pain: 痛苦

可你们已经伤害了他现在很痛苦

You're not protecting him anymore.

protect: 保护

你们已经保护不了他了

You're just hurting him.

只能让他更受伤

-Mr. Roland: Jackie.

Jackie

-Mrs. Roland: Her name was Cheyenne.

那女人叫Cheyenne

She was barely older than you are.

barely: 仅仅只不过

她只大你几岁而已

It can cost a fortune to adopt.

cost a fortune: 花大价钱价格很高 adopt: 收养

领养个孩子是需要一大笔钱的

And back then, we didn't have the money to pay for a service.

service: 服务

而那时候我们根本拿不出那么多钱

-Mr. Roland: She didn't want any formal papers.

formal: 正式的

她又不需要我们提供什么正式文件

She just wanted it out.

就想把孩子送走

And we wanted a baby.

而我们就想要个孩子

We gave her some money for the hospital bills and that was it.

bill: 账单

于是我们为她付了医药费这事就成了

-Mr. Roland: You were her baby, but youre our son.

你是她的孩子不假可却是我们的儿子啊

Maxie, what? We've been good parents to you, haven't we?

Maxie 你怎么了 我们是称职的父母啊不是么

-Cal: Say what's on your mind, son.

孩子说说你的想法

-Max: Why didn't you tell me?

那为什么不告诉我

-Mrs. Roland: We thought if anyone learned the truth...

我们只是觉得一旦真相大白了…

-Cal: They'd take him away from you.

take away: 带走

他就会被带走了

Yeah.

是的

-Max: Who is she?

她到底是谁

My mother.

我的母亲

-Torres: Is this all of them?

人齐了

-Loker: These are the lead plaintiffs.

lead: 带头的 plaintiff: 原告

他们只是首席原告

There's another 80 names on the suit, but these are the real bloodsuckers.

suit: 朝见 bloodsucker: 吸血鬼剥削他人者

还有八十个没来呢不过想敲竹杠倒是不假

-Torres: Or the real victims.

victims: 受害者牺牲者

也许真是受害者呢

Why are they even talking to us?

他们为什么和咱们谈呢

-Loker: Well, digital corner sold it to their lawyer as part of the investigation.

investigation: 调查研究

呃数码广场把这事交给律师了这是调查的一部分

But, let's be honest, who doesn't enjoy a good bitch session?

session:(法院的)开庭

不过说实在的谁不喜欢这样的声讨大会呢

- Plaintiff A: Did you know that the doors opened 20 minutes late?

你知不知道大门晚开了二十分钟

-Waylon: They didn't even have my TV in stock.

in stock: 有存货

我要的电视也没有货了

It was a bait and switch.

bait and switch: (商业)诱导转向法

这根本就是诱购

-Delisha: I was almost trampled to death.

trample: 蹂躏踩踏

我差点被人踩死了

Listen, we need to get paid.

听着你们得赔偿我们

-Loker: Ok, it's our job to determine what started everything.

determine: 决定

是这样我们的工作就是找出事情的起因

-Police: That's what we've been asking.

这也是我们要知道的

The store hasn't turned over any security video.

security video: 安全录像监控录像

商店到现在还没提供监控录像

-Torres: Let's just begin with what you remember.

还是先说说你们记得什么吧

-Waylon: One of the rent-a-cops picked a fight.

rent-a-cops: 保安 fight: 打架战斗

是一个保安先挑的事儿

It was right behind me.

就在我身后

I saw him pushing folks around like cattle.

folks: 人们 cattle: 家畜畜生

我看见他像对畜生一样把我们推来推去

-Plaintiff B: He was a bully. Damn near knocked me over.

bully: 欺凌弱小者 damn: 非常讨厌 knock over: 撞到

他这个混蛋差点把我推倒了

-Loker: All right, so this guard starts a brawl, and then everyone pushes for the door?

brawl: 争吵打架

好的就是说这个保安先开始争吵然后大家就开始挤向大门

Can you describe him?

describe: 描述

可否形容一下他

-Waylon: White guy, shaved head.

shave:

是个白人光头

-Torres: You all just shifted your gaze to this guy.

shift: 转移 gaze: 注视凝视

你们刚刚都瞄了他一眼

You're looking to him for the answer.

都在等着他回答

-Plaintiff B: You think we're lying?

你是说我们说谎

-Loker: Well, not consciously.

consciously: 有意识地自觉地

嗯也不是下意识的反应罢了

It's more likely a case of memory conformity.

case: 案子 conformity: 一致性

这是个调查记忆一致性的案子

You've all heard each other's story, so you think it happened to you.

你们都听了彼此的说法于是认为的确就是这么回事

-Torres: Right. But you didn't remember the race of the guard because you never sawhim.

race: 种族人种 guard: 保卫

是的但你们却不记得保安的种族了这是因为你们并没亲眼见到他

So you go to the real source.

real source: 真正的源头

于是你们都盯着那个看见了的人

-Police: I'll be supervising these interviews.

supervise: 监控监督 interview: 面试

我会监督这些谈话的

-Loker: Waylon said he was shopping for his family.

Waylon说他在给家里买东西

Eye shift downward says otherwise.

downward: 向下

眼睛却向下看说明他在撒谎

-Torres: Educated guess, he was there for someone else, like his mistress.

educated guess: 有根据的推测 mistress: 情妇

他肯定是在等什么人比如情妇之类的

-Loker: Oh, and he is not your only client with a truthfulness allergy.

client: 委托人客户 truthfulness: 真实 allergy: 过敏反感

哦他可不是唯一一个隐瞒实情的人

Delisha faked anger when Rita asked her about her arm.

fake: 捏造

RitaDelisha手臂的事时她假装愤怒

Her eyebrows never pulled together,

eyebrow: 眉毛

眉毛没并拢

Lips never pressed or tightened.

lip: 嘴唇 tightened: 拉紧的

嘴唇也没有下压或者紧闭

She's faking it.

fake: 假装

她是装的

-Torres: That doesn't excuse the store or the security guard.

security guard: 保安人员

可这不能为商家或保安解脱

Oh, the bully? No, that wasn't a lie.

bully: 弱小者

哦那个保安 这一点没有说谎

As far as we can tell.

依我们看的确

Just because a few people are gaming the system,

system: 系统

少数人不守规矩

Doesnt mean digital corner's off the hook.

off the hook: 摆脱困境脱身

并不意味着商店就能逃得了干系

-Emily: What are you doing in the D.M.V. Database?

D.M.V.: Department of Motor Vehicles机动车辆部 database: 数据库

你看车管局的数据库干什么

-Cal: Your dad is committing a felony.

commit: 犯罪 felony: 重罪

你老爸在犯重罪呢

-Emily: Why am I not surprised?

我怎么一点都不惊讶

-Cal: I'd take you with me, but that would make you an accessory after the fact.

accessory after the fact: 事后从犯帮凶

我倒是想带着你不过那你岂不成了从犯了

Feel free.

随便用

-Cheyenne: I, uh, can't believe you found me.

我呃真不敢相信你们能找到我

He's been looking for me?

他一直在找我

-Cal: Oh, yeah, for a long time now.

哦是啊找了很久

-Gill: Yeah, he just wants to meet you.

对他就是想见你一面

-Cheyenne: He's here?

他来了

-Cal: Yep.

来了

There's nothing to be ashamed of.

be ashamed of: 因…而羞愧

没什么不好意思的

You did the right thing by him.

你这么做是对的

-Cheyenne: Ok.

好吧

I want to meet him.

我愿意见他

-Cal: Maxie boy.

Maxie

-Max: Hey.

-Cal: You're up.

过来吧

-Gill: Max, this is Cheyenne Matson.

Max 她就是Cheyenne Matson

-Cheyenne: Oh, my god.

哦天哪

I knew I'd see you again someday.

我就知道总有一天能和你重逢

I just knew it.

我就知道

-Max: I found you.

终于找到你了

I can't believe it.

真不敢相信

-Cheyenne: Oh. Oh, my baby.

哦哦我的孩子

-Cal: Max.

Max

-Max: What?

怎么了

-Cal: Max

Max

Stop hugging her, son.

hug: 拥抱

松开吧孩子

-Max: Why?

为什么

-Cal: 'Cause she's lying.

'Cause: =because

因为她撒谎了

She's not your mother.

她不是你的母亲

-Cheyenne: You don't know what you're talking about.

你在说什么

I gave birth to him in Virginia.

我在佛吉尼亚生生的他

-Cheyenne: And then I...

随后我就…

-Cal: See, that's a lie.

看看露馅儿了

What are you gonna do, you just gonna keep them coming, or are you done now?

gonna: going to

你怎么回事还要装到什么时候

-Gill: Have you been drinking today?

你今天喝酒了

-Cal: No, I don't think its alcohol.

alcohol: 酒精

不对我看不是酗酒

I think it's drugs.

drug: 毒品

是毒品

So what was your drug of choice back in the day?

你那天用的是什么毒品

What is "x?

是摇头丸吗

Meth? Coke?

Meth: 甲安腓他明 coke: 可卡因

冰毒 可卡因

There it is cocaine.

cocaine: 可卡因

对了就是可卡因

-Gill: What did you do? Did you sell him for drugs?

你做了什么 用他换了毒品

How did you get him?

你怎么得到他的

-Cheyenne: Ok, ok.

行了行了

I was on the pipe back then.

pipe: 烟斗

我那时在吸毒

I got close with my dealer.

dealer: 商人

跟那毒贩子还不错

He had this crash pad in D.C...

crash pad: 俚语临时住处

他在华盛顿有个窝

And I got there and there was this baby.

我就去了看见了这个孩子

-Gill: Whose baby?

他是谁的孩子

-Cheyenne: I don't know. I don't know.

我不知道真不知道

He was crashing.

crashing: 打碎

他跟疯了似地

And he said he was gonna smother him, so I took the baby.

smother: 使窒息

说要捂死他我就把他带走了

-Cal: You kidnapped him?

kidnap: 绑架诱拐

你绑架他

You've be trying to protect him?

protect: 保护

还是要保护他

-Cheyenne: I saw this ad.

ad: advertisement 广告

我看见了一个广告

These people wanted a baby, so I said I was his mother.

说有人想领养孩子我就说是他的母亲

-Cal: What was the name of your drug dealer back in the day?

drug dealer: 贩毒者

那个毒贩子叫什么

-Cheyenne: I only remember him as Romeo.

我就记着叫Romeo

-Cal: Romeo?

Romeo

-Cheyenne: It was a long time ago.

这都是好久前的事儿了

-Gill: Of course Max says he's fine.

Max当然说自己没事了

He's a 16-year-old boy.

他是个16岁的孩子了

-Cal: Yeah, but that doesn't mean you have to coddle him, does it?

coddle: 娇养溺爱

是但那也不代表就要溺爱他吧

I mean a hard truth in the long run is far better for you than a soft lie.

soft lie: 善意的谎言

我是说长远来看严酷的现实好过善意的谎言

-Gill: We are talking about a child.

我们说的是个孩子

-Reynolds: And what child are we talking about?

说什么孩子呢

-Cal: Emily.

Emily

Foster here disapproves of my parenting techniques, which I think are a bit of a cheek,don't you?

disapprove: 赞同 technique: 技巧 cheek: 脸颊

Foster不太赞成我的教育手段我认为不过是脸皮稍微厚了点对吧

-Reynolds: Oh, so you're not actually talking about, lets say, I don't know, an adolescentboy?

adolescent: 未成年的青春期的

哦所以你们实际上并没有在讨论比如我不清楚一个未成年男孩

-Cal: No.

不是

Should we be? You?

我们应该吗 你有说吗

-Gill: No. - No.

没有 - 没有

-Reynolds: Then maybe you two can explain something to me.

那也许你们俩能向我解释点事

-Cal: Well, I'll do my level best.

level best: 全力

好啊我会尽我所能

-Reynolds: All right. Well, try to picture this.

好吧那试着想像一下

I'm in Hilton Head, eighth hole, 2 under par, best game of my life.

under par: 低于平均值

我正在Hilton Head(南卡罗莱纳州度假小岛)打高尔夫第八洞低于标准杆两杆一辈子打得最好的一次

Then all of a sudden I get this call from my F.B.I. supervisor wondering if my interest in16-year-old boys is business or purely recreational.

all of a sudden: 突然地 supervisor: 监督员管理员 purely: 纯粹地 recreational: 娱乐的

然后突然间接到我联邦调查局上司的电话想知道我关心一个16岁男孩是出于公务还是纯粹娱乐

-Cal: And which is it?

那究竟是哪个

-Reynolds: Well, see, that's what I'm hoping that you can help me with.

好明白了吧那正是我希望你能告诉我的

Because it seems like somebody here in D.C. used my personal ID number andpassword to access an F.B.I. Database.

personal: 个人的 password: 密码 access: 访问 database: 数据库

因为看来在华盛顿这里的某人用了我的个人帐号和密码进入一个联邦调查局的数据库

But when I'm not actually in D.C.,

actually: 实际上

而当时我却不在特区

That sets off alarms,

set off: 引起 alarm: 警报

因此引起了警报

So can either of you tell me who I should blame for ruining my vacation?

blame: 责怪 ruining: 毁坏损毁 vacation: 假期

你们谁能告诉我谁毁了我的假期

-Cal: Loker?

Loker

-Emily: Hey.

Sorry, I just... I heard what happened.

对不起我只是…我听说了整件事

Is there anything I can do?

有什么我能帮忙的吗

-Max: You could stop looking at me like you think I'm a freak or screw-up.

freak: 怪人反复无常的人 screw-up: 失败者

你可以不要那样地看着我好像我是一个怪物或失败者

-Emily: I don't think you're screwed up, I think your family is.

screwed up: 搞砸了

我不认为是你搞砸了什么是你的家里人搞砸了

There's a big difference.

那有很大的区别

-Max: Perfect girl with the perfect life's some expert on messed up families now?

perfect: 完美的 mess up: 混乱

完美生活完美女孩这下你成了混乱家庭的专家了

-Emily: My dad's a human lie detector.

lie detector: 测谎仪

我爸是个人肉测谎器

I have a family history of suicide.

suicide: 自杀

我的家族有自杀史

And my divorced parents sleep together sporadically, Fight constantly, and still insist we get together on holidays.

sporadically: 偶发的零星的 constantly: 不断地时常地

而我离了婚的父母偶然地会上床经常会吵架还仍然坚持要一起过节

How's that for perfect?

那算是完美吗

-Max: At least you know who your parents are.

至少你知道父母是谁

-Emily: Yeah.

Well, anything I can do to help.

好吧有事尽管说

I promise one freak to another.

promise: 保证 freak: 怪人

我保证会帮忙两个怪人面对面

-Reynolds: You know, I go away for one weekend, and you two start acting like Bonnieand Clyde.

你知道我只是离开了一个周末然后你们俩就变得像BonnieClyde (电影雌雄大盗的男女主角)

You're doing Christmas with me.

你得和我一起过圣诞

-Gill: No one needed to convince me that bringing the authorities into this case was a badidea.

convince: 使确信 the authorities: 当局

你不说我也知道把当局拉进这个案子是个坏主意

-Reynolds: Yeah, well, if you had come talked to me first, I could have helped avoid all ofthis.

avoid: 避免

对好吧假如你先跟我说一下我能帮着避免这些事的发生

-Gill: Any chance that can happen now?

现在还有可能做到吗

-Reynolds: Because of what these people did,

因为这些人所做的事

A kidnapper got away with abducting a baby.

kidnapper: 绑架者 get away with: 逃避惩罚 abducted: 绑架诱拐

一个绑架者诱拐婴儿却逍遥法外

Mr. and Mrs. Roland.

Roland先生和太太

-Mrs. Roland: Are you here about Max? Have you seen him?

你们来这里找Max的吗 有见到他吗

-Gill: No, what happened?

不是怎么了

-Mrs. Roland: He left a note. He ran away.

run away: 出走

他留下个字条他出走了

-Reynolds: We have a warrant for your arrests.

warrant: 委任状 arrests: 逮捕拘留

这是对你们的逮捕令

Being charged with false adoption

charge with: 控告 false adoption: 非法收养

你们被控非法收养和

And child endangerment.

endangerment: 危害

危害儿童

Come on, let's go.

快点走吧

-Mr. Bernardo: So, bottom line, they're saying we provoked it,

bottom line : 底线 provoke: 导致

好最坏的结果是他们说是我们导致的

But they don't have anything concrete.

concrete: 具体物

但没有具体的证据

-Torres: Just first hand accounts.

first hand: 第一手的

只有直接的描述

-Loker: Well, the news footage didn't show anything.

footage: 镜头

嗯新闻视频没有提供任何证据

-Torres: Your security guards, they mention anything about bullying your customers?

security guards: 保安 mention: 说起 bully: 欺负

你们的保安他们有提起什么欺负顾客的事吗

-Mr. Bernardo: Look. People resent authority.

resent: 怨恨厌恶 authority: 权威当局

人们对当局总是充满怨气

I get it. My dad was a cop.

cop: 警察

我明白我爸是个警察

-Torres: Mr. Bernardo, uh...

Bernardo先生嗯…

One of the things we do is look at body language.

body language: 身体语言

我们其中一项工作是观察身体语言

And we've found that sometimes when people are feeling vulnerable,

vulnerable: 易受伤害的

我们发现有时当人们觉得脆弱时

They tend to cover their...

tend to: 尝试

会试着遮住自己的…

Gonads.

gonads: 生殖器

生殖器

Can you pull up that photo you showed me last month?

pull up: 把…拿到近处

能给我看看上月的那张照片么

-Loker: Rita...

Rita

-Torres: you want me to do it?

要我来拿么

-Loker: Churchill at Yalta...

丘吉尔(英国前首相)Yalta

Roosevelt and Stalin are divvying up the world.

divvy: 瓜分

罗斯福(美国前总统)和斯大林(前苏联领导人)在瓜分世界

Britain's being left out. The hat placement says it all.

英国被晾在一边帽子的位置说明了一切

-Torres: Now...

现在…

What is it you're not telling us?

你向我们隐瞒了什么

-Mr. Bernardo: We have some security video of the parking lot and the storefront.

security: 保密的 video: 录像 parking lot: 停车场

我们有停车场和店前的的监控录像

-Torres: What does it show?

录到了些什么

-Mr. Bernardo: Things got a little heated between the guard and some of the customers.

保安和一些顾客之间发生了一点点骚乱

But that was 10 minutes before the stampede.

stampede: 人群的蜂拥

但发生在踩踏事件前十分钟

-Loker: Well, that's embarrassing, but it's not a direct cause.

embarrassing: 使人尴尬的 direct: 直接的

好吧确实有些尴尬但不是直接的原因

-Torres: You're trying to bury the evidence?

bury: 埋藏 evidence: 证据

你们想要隐藏证据吗

-Mr. Bernardo: No. We don't want the nightmare of someone posting it online.

nightmare: 噩梦 posting: 公布 online: 网上

不我们不想有人把它放到网上那是会是个噩梦

But since you signed a non-disclosure agreement,

sign: 签字 non-disclosure : 保密 disclosure: 揭露揭发 agreement: 协议

但既然你们签了保密协议

I'm happy to share it.

我很乐意分享它

-Gill: Cheyenne's description matches a former drug dealer on record who went by thename "Romeo" like she said.

description: 描述 match: 匹配 former: 以前的 drug dealer: 贩毒者

Cheyenne描述的"Romeo" 刚好符合记录上的一个前毒品贩子

But the guy dropped off the grid a few years ago.

drop off: 逃掉 grid: 网格【引申为监狱】

可那个家伙几年前就出狱了

-Cal: All right.

好的

What did Reynolds say about Max?

Max的事 Reynolds怎么说

-Gill: There's still no sign of him.

还是没有他的消息

-Cal: If he's on the run, first person I'd want to talk to is Emily.

假如他出走了我想第一个和Emily谈谈

-Gill: Bad boy fixated in finding the truth...

fixated: 注视念念不忘的

专注于寻找真相的坏男孩…

She probably feels like she's known him her whole life.

probably: 可能

她或许感觉他们相见恨晚

-Cal: Hey. They haven't found Max yet.

嘿他们还没有找到Max

-Emily: No, well, uh, where are the cops looking for him?

cops: 警察

没有 好吧嗯警察在什么地方找他

-Cal: I don't know.

我不知道

You got any ideas on that?

你有什么主意吗

-Emily: Oh, sure. He's at the secret hideout where all the teenage runaways go.

hideout: 隐藏处 teenage: 青少年

哦当然他躲在自己的秘密洞穴所有青少年出走时都会有那么个地方

He's just some messed-up kid who got screwed over.

messed-up: 迷失的 kid: 孩子 get screwed: 上当受骗

他只是个迷失了个孩子而且被骗了

Uh, you should take that.

嗯你该接那个电话

-Cal: Really?

真的吗

-Emily: - Yeah.

当然

-Cal: Thanks.

谢谢

Yeah?

-Gill: They found Max's biological parents. They're bringing them in.

biological parents: 生身父母

他们找到了Max的生父正把他带过来

-Emily: Oh, Th... Thats great. I mean, that's great, right?

哦那…那太好了我是说那太好了对吗

-Gill: Max is gone, though, and the state he was in when he ran,

state: 状态

Max不见了加上他出走时的那种状态

I mean, he could be about to do something that could ruin his entire future.

ruin: 毁坏 entire: 整个的 future: 未来

我是说他要做的事可能毁了他整个将来

-Cal: I need you.

我需要你帮个忙

She knows where Max is.

她知道Max在哪

Hey.

Thanks for that.

谢谢你

-Gill: Oh, for lying to Emily?

哦谢谢我向Emily说谎

-Cal: - Yeah, So I wouldn't have to.

对所以我不用说谎

-Reynolds: All right. Romeo's real name is Ray Blake...

好的 Romeo的真名是Ray Blake

Narcotics distribution, assault, spent 8 years in prison.

narcotics: 麻醉毒品 distribution: 分配 assault: 攻击袭击

供应麻醉品伤人在监狱呆了八年

-Cal: Is there any family who might know where to find him?

有什么家人知道去哪找他吗

-Reynolds: Well, he had a daughter, but she died while Blake was in prison.

嗯他有一个女儿但当Blake在监狱的时候她死了

-Emily: They'll be happy to see you no matter what...

不管怎样他们会高兴能见到你…

There he is.

他来了

-Cal: Thank God.

感谢上帝

-Max: Where are my real parents?

我的生身父母在哪

-Cal: I didn't find them.

我没有找到他们

Found you, though. Thanks, Em.

不过找到了你谢谢你 Em

-Emily: Now, I would have expected this kind of thing from him, but you lied to me.

现在我能够接受他骗了我但你也骗我

-Gill: - I know.

我明白

-Cal: No, she did what she had to do to help Max.

不她必须这么做才能帮到Max

He was in trouble.

他有麻烦

-Emily: Help him?

帮助他

You get his parents arrested, and then you make me lie to him to get him back here?

arrested: 逮捕 lie to: 撒谎

你让他的父母被捕了然后你让我骗他回来

-Gill: He'll be safe here.

他在这里会很安全

-Emily: Yeah, till you send him off to foster care.

send off: 送出 foster care: 照顾看护

对直到你们送他去寄养

-Gill: The F.B.I. knows we have him. We will figure this out.

F.B.I.: 美国)联邦调查局(Federal Bureau of Investigation figure out: 想出

联邦调查局知道他在我们这我们会把事情弄清楚

-Emily: Now who's he gonna trust?

现在他该相信谁

-Cal: Did you find Blake?

找到Blake了吗

-Reynolds: All we've got is his old parole officer. That's it.

parole: 使假释

我们只找到他的前假释官只有这些

-Cal: Foster, come on.

Foster 快点

-Gill: Mr. Donnelly, you were the parole officer for a convict named Ray Blake, right?

convict: 罪犯

Donnelly先生你就是前毒贩Ray Blake的假释官对吗

-Mr. Donnelly: In my old life.

那都是陈年旧事了

Ray Blake? Yeah, he was a drug peddler.

drug peddler: 毒贩

Ray Blake 啊他以前是个毒贩子

Used to go by the name of Romeo.

过去都用的假名Romeo

No logical reason why.

logical: 逻辑学的

也不知道为什么

-Gill: Do you have any idea where we could find him now?

那么现在你知道我们在哪能找到他吗

-Mr. Donnelly: Creep was a gambler.

gambler: 赌徒

那个恶棍是个赌徒

O.T.B. in Bethesda was about the only place I could ever count on finding him.

count on: 指望

恐怕只能指望在Bethesda(美国马里兰州中部城市)的外围马场找到他

-Cal: You seem a little angry about your past life.

你看起来对你的往事有些生气

What, you didn't like being a parole officer then?

不喜欢做个假释官是吧

-Mr. Donnelly: You know, my old boss sent me to the department shrink.

department: 部门 shrink: 心理医生

你知道吗以前的上司曾把我送去见心理医生

I don't think I need another one.

我想我不需要再找一个吧

-Cal: How'd you end up in that chair?

end up in : 最后到了…

你怎么坐上轮椅的

-Mr. Donnelly: That's a little personal. Don't you think?

personal: 私人的

你不觉得这是我的私事么

-Cal: Yeah, very personal, I'd say.

没错我敢说非常隐私吧

-Mr. Donnelly: I got a game to get back to.

我还得回去打比赛

Hey!

-Cal: Look. Either you did something really bad back then

听着要么是你过去做了什么坏事

Or something really bad was done to you. Which was it?

要么就是有人对了做了什么坏事二选一

-Mr. Donnelly: That's none of your business.

那你管不着

-Cal: Yeah, it is.

不我得管管

-Gill: This is important.

这很重要

-Mr. Donnelly: Fine. 16 years ago,

好吧 16年前

Somebody broke into my house, killed my wife,

break into: 闯进

有人闯进了我的家杀了我的妻子

Put a bullet in my back, and stole our baby son.

bullet: 子弹

在我背后给了我一枪然后偷走了我们的孩子

-Loker: Ok, I broke the crowd into sectors.

crowd: 人群 sector: 分区

好了我把人群分成了几块

I followed 6 people at a time from the minute they showed up till the riot started.

show up: 露面 riot: 暴乱

一次能够跟踪6个人从他们出现直到骚乱开始

-Torres: You find someone to pin it on?

pin on: 归罪于

你找到有嫌疑的人吗

-Loker: Watch this guy.

看这个家伙

He moves through the crowd. This guy grabs him,

grab: 抓住

他要穿过人群而这个家伙抓住了他

Pulls him back. A second later,

并把他向后推不一会儿

The sectors behind him surge forward.

surge: 使颠簸 forward: 向前的

他背后的人群就向前挤

Mob mentality takes over.

mob: 民众 mentality: 心态 take over: 接管

从众心理起作用了

-Torres: Who do you think was in that stampede?

stampede: 人群的蜂拥

你认为谁在那蜂拥的人群中呢

-Loker: They weren't peace-loving hippies, but...

hippies: 嬉皮士

他们可不是爱好和平的年轻人但是…

-Torres: Working people, Loker...

是些劳动人民 Loker

Parents who can afford game systems and MP3 players one day a year.

这些家长们在一年中就这一天能买得起游戏机和MP3

They're so desperate to make their kids happy,

desperate: 绝望的极度渴望的

他们极度地渴望能让孩子们高兴

They wake up at 4 a.m. Just to stand in line.

wake up: 醒来 stand in line: 站队

凌晨四点就起床仅仅为了去排队

-Loker: Yeah, you're proving my point.

是啊你这也赞同了我的观点

Contagion Theory says crowds infect the people in them.

contagion theory: 感染理论 infect: 传染

感染论说明了人群中的人们互相影响

-Torres: Ok, you can dress it up with science all you want. It's still an agenda.

dress up: 装饰 agenda: 议事日程理论

好吧你可以扯上任何你科学理论但这仍然只是理论

You're trying to impress Lightman.

impress: 给某人以深刻印象

你想引起Lightman的注意

-Loker: If I bring home 7 figures, he has to respect that.

figure: 数字

如果我能赚回7位数他必须尊重

-Torres: Loker, I don't know why Lightman screws with you the way he does or why he'sgot it in for you.

Loker 我不知道为什么Lightman那样对你或者为什么他不喜欢你

But I wouldn't get my hopes up about things changing.

但是我也不会过高期望情况有所好转

-Loker: Let's take Lightman out of it.

别再谈Lightman

This video does not lie.

录像是不会撒谎的

-Torres: Let's go see the guy and see who's right.

让我们见见这个家伙看看谁是对的

-Loker: Why were you cutting the line?

cut: 插队

你为什么插队

-Man: Someone said the doors were opening. Guess I got excited.

有人说门要打开了我想一下子我就激动了吧

-Loker: Well, the look on your face isn't excitement.

excitement: 兴奋

但是你脸上没有激动的表情

It's not even aggression.

aggression: 攻击性侵略性

甚至没有攻击性

That's panic.

panic: 痛苦的

而是痛苦的表情

You were afraid, before the stampede even started.

stampede: 人群的拥挤

你很害怕在人群开始拥挤之前

-Man: My daughter...

我的女儿…

I told her to stay close. And when I heard her crying...

我告诉她和我站一起但是当我听到她的惨叫时…

Look, it's every parent's worst nightmare.

nightmare: 噩梦

听着这是所有父母的噩耗

Then the crowd starts moving before I could get to her.

接着在我靠近她之前人群就开始涌动了

-Torres: is she ok?

她还好吗

-Man: She got knocked down.

knock down: 撞到

她被挤倒了

Her arm's broken in 3 places.

她的手臂有3处骨折了

I don't know what we're gonna do about her hospital bills.

gonna: (美)将要(等于going to

我甚至无法支付医疗费

-Loker: Well, she wasn't hurt in that stampede, like you've claimed.

claim: 宣称

她不是在踩踏事件中受的伤你刚才露馅儿了

It happened before that, didn't it?

在那之前她就受伤了是吧

-Man: You think I hurt her?

你认为我伤害了她

-Loker: - No. But I do think that you are an opportunist.

opportunist: 机会主义者

不但是我确实认为你很会投机取巧

-Torres: Look, just tell us the truth. How did she break her arm?

听着说出真相她是怎么受的伤

It wasn't in the stampede, was it?

不是因为踩踏事件是吧

-Man: She fell.

她摔到了

When I heard her crying, I panicked.

panicked: 恐慌

当我听到她的惨叫时我慌了

I went looking for her.

我就找她

-Loker: And the crowd thought that you were breaking its first rule...

然后人们就认为你破了先例…

Don't cut the line.

cut the line: 插队

不要故意插队

-Torres: Or they saw you moving forward and assumed the doors were opening.

assume: 假定的

或者是他们看到你向前挤他们就以为门开了

-Torres: Either way, what they couldn't contemplate in that state of mind was a fatherrushing to help his daughter.

contemplate: 冥思苦想 rush to: 冲到

无论怎样他们绝不会注意到那是一个父亲冲去帮助他的女儿

-Man: Ok, so what happened?

那么发生什么了

Those people who died...

那些死去的人…

It was my fault?

fault: 错误

是我的错

-Mr. Donnelly: He turned up this week.

turn up: 出现

他这个星期出现了

Are you saying that you might have found my son?

你是说你可能找到我的儿子

Alive?

他还活着

That was his photo.

他的照片

But they cleared all my parolees.

parolees: 假释犯

但是他们排除了我负责的所有假释犯

-Cal: Well, Blake fooled them, apparently.

fooled: 戏弄 apparently: 显然

很明显 Blake戏弄了他们

-Gill: When was the last time you saw Blake?

你最后次见到Blake是什么时候

-Mr. Donnelly: Maybe a year or two before that night, maybe more.

那夜之前的一两年或许更久吧

I... I'd given him a random drug test that he failed.

random: 随机的 test: 测试

我给他做了一个随机的毒品测试但是他没通过

-Gill: Well, that's what sent him back to prison.

就是那测试把他送回了监狱

-Cal: Blake's daughter died while he was serving that sentence.

serve: 服刑 sentence: 判决

Blake还在服刑的时候他的女儿死了

I think he blamed you for breaking up his family.

break up: 破坏

我想他报复你因为你破坏了他的家庭

-Gill: He left you to live with the pain, just like he felt you did to him.

他让你生不如死以牙还牙

-Mr. Donnelly: Whatever. The...

无论怎样这…

The only thing that matters now is my son.

如今唯一重要的就是我的儿子

So, what, if the DNA matches, he'll come home?

那么如果DNA匹配他会回家吗

-Cal: That's not up to us.

up to: 由…决定

那可不是我们能决定的

-Mr. Donnelly: Well, I've waited 16 years for this.

我可为此等了16

If that's my son, I want him back.

如果那是我的儿子我想要他回来

-Loker: Hey. I think we can put a bow on this one.

bow:

嘿我想我们结了这个案子

The man in the crowd started the stampede.

stampede: 人群的拥挤

人群中的那个男人引起了踩踏事件

-Torres: Well, shouldn't we find out about Ken's daughter before the stampede?

那么我们难道不该查下之前他的女儿发生了什么事吗

-Cal: Is that why we were hired?

hire: 雇佣

我们是被请来查这事的么

-Loker: No.

-Cal: I think the client's gonna be happy with your findings.

client: 客户 gonna: 美)将要(等于going to

我想客户知道调查结果会很高兴

-Loker: They will be ecstatic. It'll save them millions.

ecstatic: 欣喜的

他们会欣喜若狂为他们省下几百万

-Cal: And it's a pretty big payday for us.

pretty: 相当地 payday: 发薪日

而且这让我们也大赚一笔

Well, I think you should take some of this windfall

windfall: 横财

那么我想你们也该去拿到这笔横财

And have yourself a little celebration, both of you.

celebration: 庆祝

小小的庆祝下你俩都去吧

-Loker: Really?

真的

-Cal: Yeah. As nauseating as it is for me to say this to you, Loker...

nauseating: 令人恶心的

真的 Loker…尽管对你说这些让我感觉恶心

Well done.

干得好

-Loker: Hey. I got us the last table at Marcelli's, 8: 00.

嘿我在Marcelli酒店定到了最后一张桌子 8点钟

-Torres: - I'm gonna pass.

别算上我

-Loker: Lightman buying dinner is unprecedented.

unprecedented: 空前的无前例的

Lightman请客可是史无前例啊

-Torres: These families deserve to know why their loved ones died in a parking lot, Loker.

deserve to: 值得 parking lot: 停车场

这些家庭理应知道为什么他们所爱的人会死在停车场 Loker

-Loker: Look, we know what happened.

听着我们知道发生了什么

Some customers blindly followed when Ken pushed forward.

blindly: 盲目的

Ken挤向前的时候一些顾客盲目的跟着

The others didn't want to be displaced.

displaced: 改变位置

而其他人不想落在后面

Either way, Ken was the stimulus.

stimulus: 刺激物

无论怎样 Ken是导火索

-Torres: How did his daughter break her arm?

他女儿的手臂是怎么骨折的

-Loker: I've been through the tapes dozens of times, before the stampede and after.

tapes: 录像带 stampede: 人群的拥挤

我已经看了这录像十多次在人群骚动的前后

There's no evidence.

evidence: 证据

没有线索

-Torres: Then have a nice dinner.

dinner: 晚餐

那祝你晚餐愉快

-Loker: Hey. Taxi!

嘿出租车

What's that glare?

glare: 刺眼的

那发光的是什么

-Torres: Where?

哪里

-Loker: Right there, that light coming off the asphalt?

asphalt: 沥青

就在那里沥青反射出来的光

-Torres: Yeah. What is that?

是啊那是什么

-Cal: Hey.

You want to meet your father?

你想要见见你的生父吗

-Gill: Oh, here they are.

噢他们来了

-Cal: Hey. Max, this is your biological father John Donnelly.

biological father: 生父

Max 这是你的生父John Donnelly.

John... meets your son.

John…见见你的儿子

-Max: Hi.

-Mr. Donnelly: You have your mother's eyes.

你的眼睛和你母亲的一样

Owen...

Owen

Your name is Owen.

你的名字是Owen

-Gill: Is there anything you want to ask your father?

有什么你想问问你父亲的吗

-Max: I play music.

我玩音乐

I don't know why I said that.

不知道为什么要提起这个

-Mr. Donnelly: I'd love to hear you play sometime.

有时间我想听听你的演奏

-Max: Do you know anything about music?

你懂音乐吗

-Mr. Donnelly: I don't. Heh.

不懂呵

-Gill: You like hockey, right, Mr. Donnelly?

hockey: 冰球曲棍球

你喜欢曲棍球对么 Donnelly先生

-Mr. Donnelly: Yes. Yes. Yes.

对对对

I have season tickets for the Capitals.

season: 赛季 ticket:

我有Capitals(华盛顿的球队名)的季赛票

We could go next week.

我们下周可以去看比赛

Uh, for your birthday.

为给你庆生

-Max: Well, my birthday is in April.

可我的生日是在4

And I don't play hockey anymore.

而且我已不玩曲棍球了

I quit.

quit: 退队

我退队了

-Mr. Donnelly: Well, we... We don't have to go.

呃我们…我们也可以不去

-Max: Yeah, you have the wrong person.

对你们找错人了

-Cal: Hey, careful, son.

嘿别这么说孩子

-Mr. Donnelly: I'm your father, Owen.

我是你父亲 Owen

-Max: No, this isn't my dad.

不你不是我爸爸

-Gill: Max?

Max

-Max: He doesn't even know who I am.

他甚至根本不知道我是谁

-Gill: He loves you. He has this whole time.

他爱你一直都是

He just couldn't find you.

他只是无法找到你

-Max: No, you got the people who really love me arrested.

arrested: 拘捕拘留

不对你们把真正爱我的人抓起来了

-Gill: Give him a chance.

给他个机会

All right? He wants you in his life.

好么 他想认你

-Max: I don't want him.

可我不想认他 -

-Cal: Finally, the truth.

finally: 最终

真相终于浮出水面了

-Gill: Cal...

Cal

-Cal: - No, He needs to hear it.

不他得知道

That man in there, that's what you have.

那边那个人就是你想知道的真相

So, deal with it.

那就接受它

-Gill: Max, we care about you.

Max 我们是关心你

-Max: I'm not your kid. Ok?

kid: 孩子

我又不是你的孩子好不

You want a kid; go have one of your own.

你想要孩子就去自己生一个

-Cal: Want to lash out, do you? Well, go ahead.

lash out : 猛烈抨击攻击

想干一架是吧 好那就来吧

Give me your best shot.

shot: 发射

来狠揍我一拳

Come on. Give me your best shot.

来啊狠揍我一拳

Come on, then. Come on!

来啊来啊

Is that enough?

打够了么

Attaboy. Attaboy.

attaboy: 好啊

好样的好样的

Is that enough?

打够了么

Attaboy.

好样的

-Mr. Bernardo: We're working out the details, but it looks like the settlement

detail: 细节 settlement: 佣金

细节上的问题我们正在清算但是佣金似乎

Will be more in the neighborhood of 2 million, not 20 million.

in the neighborhood of : 在…附近

该是接近两百万而不是两千万哦

Your findings were worth every penny.

你们的调查结果绝对物有所值

-Torres: 1.8 million...

180万…

That's a lot of zeroes.

好大一笔数目

-Loker: Ok. Before we take this, uh,

好在收下前

We have a couple of outstanding questions.

a couple of: 几个 outstanding questions: 未解决问题

我们还有几个重要的问题

-Loker: Uh, what are your protocols for dealing with ice?

protocol: 规定条款 deal with: 处理

呃你们规定怎么处理路面结冰的

-Black Man: We salt.

salt: 将盐撒在道路上使冰或雪融化

撒盐使其速融

-Loker: You salted the parking lots and the sidewalks that morning?

parking lots: 停车场 sidewalk: 人行道

你们那天早上向停车场和人行道上撒盐了么

-Black Man: I'll show you the inventory if you'd like.

inventory: 存货清单详细目录

如果需要可以给你看我们的工作清单

-Mr. Bernardo: That won't be necessary.

不必这么做

-Loker: Classic evasion.

classic: 典型的 evasion: 借口回避

典型的回避

And you know what? We'll pass on the bogus paper trail.

bogus paper trail: 仿制书面记录

知道么 我们会放出虚假的书面消息

-Torres: If Ken's daughter doesn't slip on the ice, He never pushes through the crowd.

slip: 滑倒

如果Ken的女儿没在冰上滑倒他就不会推搡人群

-Loker: Couple that with your security guard's negligence

couple with: 伴随 negligence: 疏忽大意

加上你们保安的疏忽

And the mindset of the crowd, youve got a perfect storm.

mindset: 心态

还有群众的心态你们有大麻烦了

-Mr. Bernardo: If you're looking to renegotiate, we can do that.

renegotiate: 重新商议

如果你们要重新商议我们接受

-Loker: This is what we found.

这就是我们的发现

-Mr. Bernardo: Then I'm glad we have a non-disclosure agreement.

non-disclosure agreement: 保密协议

很庆幸我们签了保密协议

-Loker: You can use the whole report or none of it.

用不用这报告随你们的意

Or I'll see that it leaks.

leaks: 泄露渗漏

但若不用它我保证一定会泄露

And then you'll have a tragedy and a cover-up.

tragedy: 悲剧 cover-up: 弥补残局

那你们就麻烦大了还得收拾残局

-Mr. Bernardo: We'll use none of it.

我们不会做任何报告

-Blake: He can see me, can't he? Donnelly?

Donnelly能看到我是不是

-Cal: Yeah.

-Blake: I came peacefully so he could see me.

peacefully: 平静地

我很平静所以他才来看我

-Max: Where did you find him?

你们在哪找到他的

-Reynolds: He was outside of a liquor store, next to the O.T.B. that Donnelly mentioned.

liquor store: 酒类贩卖店

他在一家贩酒店外在Donnelly提到的赌马场旁边

-Gill: It'll take a few weeks for the F.B.I. to confirm their DNA test.

confirm: 确认

几周后联邦调查局才能确定DNA测试结果

-Reynolds: Yeah, but if we can get a confession today,

confession: 供认忏悔

是的可如果今天就能得到确切的招供

You can go home with your father.

你就可以和你父亲一起回家了

-Cal: Your daughter was taken

你女儿

From you when she was...

在她…

6, right? And she died in foster care?

foster care: 照看

6岁时离开你的对吧 而她在养父母家死了

You've been waiting for this day, haven't you, Mr. Blake?

你一直在等着这一天对不对 Blake先生

You think the best thing you could have done for your daughter was to avenge her deathby stealing the son of the man responsible.

avenge: 替报仇 responsible: 有责任的

你认为能为你女儿做的最好的事就是为她的死复仇所以你偷了别人的儿子认为他该为你女儿的死负责

-Blake: He should have let me keep her.

他不该夺走她

I begged him.

beg: 祈求

我曾经那么求过他

-Cal: You are going to jail for the rest of your life.

go to jail: 入狱

你将会在监狱度过你的下半生

You know that, right?

你知道的对吧

-Blake: What do you want me to say?

你想让我说什么

-Cal: The question really is what you want to say...

实质上问题是你自己想要在进去前…

To Donnelly before you disappear?

Donnelly说什么

-Blake: My only regret through this whole thing is that you didn't know who did this to you.

regret: 感到抱歉

对整件事唯一感到抱歉的是你根本不知道这一切是谁造成的

Now you do.

现在你知道了

-Cal: So does his son.

他儿子也知道了

-Blake: What?

什么

-Cal: The boy found him. His son found him.

那孩子找到他了他的儿子找到他了

-Blake: Theyre strangers.

可他们形同陌路

-Cal: Yeah, well, give them time, eh?

是的可时间会抚平一切对吧

You want to tell me how we went from a 7-figure payday... To nothing?

你要解释下7位数的收入是怎么…消失殆尽的么

-Loker: It wasn't an ideal outcome...

ideal: 理想的 outcome: 结果

确实不是理想的结果…

-Cal: No, it wasn't. We can barely keep our heads above water.

barely: 仅仅勉强

完全不理想这些钱只够我们勉强维持

You decide to go ahead and sabotage a potential elephant account.

sabotage: 妨害破坏 potential: 可能的 elephant: 巨大的 account: 账目

是你的决定毁掉了潜在的巨大利益

I mean, what did you do?

我说你都干了些什么

You put in 40 full hours on this? And then there's Torres' time?

整整40小时你就用在这上面了 还浪费了Torres的时间

You have any idea where that's coming from?

你知道这些是从哪来的么

-Loker: Your pocket.

pocket: 口袋

你的腰包里

-Cal: Bloody right, my pocket!

bloody: 【粗俗语】该死的

真他妈对是我的腰包

You promised me you'd deliver.

deliver: 履行承诺

你答应过会负责交货

-Loker: Shifting blame from the guilty party... That wouldn't have been the truth.

guilty party: 有罪一方当事人

将罪责转嫁他人…那不是真相

-Cal: You see that choice...

你知道么就是那个选择…

That choice...

那选择…

That's how you make your contribution to this firm.

contribution: 贡献 firm: 公司

让你对公司做出贡献

We could go dark, for all I care.

如果我不在意的话可以暗箱操作

We follow the truth here. Right?

可我们是在追寻真相对吗

No matter the cost to our egos or our wallets.

ego: 自我意识 wallet: 钱包

无论要花多少钱耗费多少劲

-Loker: So, if I'd have taken the money...

那么如果我当时收下那些钱…

-Cal: I would have sacked you.

sack: 解雇

我就会解雇你

-Loker: Hey, can I get one of those "Attaboy" speeches from yesterday?

attaboy: 好样的 speeches: 发言

嗨昨天那些"好样的" 对我说下吧

-Cal: I've run out.

run out: 到期

过期作废了

-Max: You think this co-custody thing can really work?

co-custody: 共同监护 custody: 监护

你觉得这共同监护权真的能行么

-Gill: 2 sets of parents are better than none.

两方父母总比没有强

-Max: This is so screwed up.

screwed up: 混乱的

真是一团糟

-Cal: Just give it a chance. It'll work itself out.

试试吧会好起来的

When in doubt, I just do what she says.

in doubt: 可怀疑的

当我迷惑的时候我就按她说的做

Go on. Off you go, son.

走啊过去吧孩子

Hell of a rabbit hole.

rabbit: 兔子

好一个兔子洞

-Gill: We made it.

我们成功了

So, have you forgiven us?

forgiven: 原谅

那么你原谅我们了么

-Emily: I guess. Have you?

guess: 猜想

我想是的你们呢

-Lightman: Well, you were protecting a friend, right?

你当时在保护你的朋友对吧

So, you are your father's daughter.

所以果然是爸爸的好女儿

Well, I know a little bit about how crazy families can be.

a little bit: 有点

我知道有时候一家人会变得如何疯狂

You think he'll be all right?

你们觉得他会好起来么

-Lightman: Don't know.

不知道.

Hope so.

希望如此

-Emily: Maybe we should invite him to Thanksgiving next year.

invite: 邀请

也许明年感恩节我们该邀请他

He'd fit right in with us.

他会很高兴同我们在一起

-Gill: Yeah.

是的

本文来源:https://www.2haoxitong.net/k/doc/243ce1c62cc58bd63186bd5c.html

《别对我说谎第二季英文剧本台词LIE TO ME07.doc》
将本文的Word文档下载到电脑,方便收藏和打印
推荐度:
点击下载文档

文档为doc格式